Back for more support

missyk33

I am back for more support. We have gotten so much worse. I honestly dont know how much more I can take. Let me recap my difficult child was diagnosed with ODD but now I really suspect BiPolar (BP) as she definitely has the signs. We were finally able to get her started this month on the inhome therapy and right now I just dont know how happy I am with them. It seems that sometimes they dont listen to what we are saying and just want to keep on this little path. I am trying real hard to handle them but I dont know. Right now she is unstable and getting worse like she did last summer and last summer was when she wound up running away and having to go to juvie for hitting me. I have gotten my youngest daughter out for a few weeks to give her a break. The counselor said she has noticed signs of mania with her and when the psychiatrist had his teleconference with her, he prescribed trileptal for her. When I mentioned the possibility of BiPolar (BP) with the therapist, she said they dont want to put labels on the children and that she will get better with time.

smallworld

Welcome back.

Has your difficult child started Trileptal? If so, how much is she taking? Is she taking any other medications?

M

ML

Welcome back. This is a great place for support and I'm glad you're here. I don't have experience with BiPolar (BP) but many here do. Hugs ML

missyk33

Today is her second full day of taking it. She is on 150 mg 2 times a day. She has had a good day and last night was good also.