Back-handed compliment?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Last night easy child/difficult child came home from work and was telling us about a conversation she had with-a co-worker. She asked the guy if his mom was always right and he said yes. She replied that hers (me:)) was too and how annoying that was. She looked at me and said, "Mom, do you have any idea how annoying it is that you are always right?" (The she added 97% of the time.)

I just smiled. husband asked her why she has to argue so much then and doesn't just listen to me.-lol!

T

TeDo

LOVE IT!! I showed this to difficult child 1. His response......."yea, right. It's annoying how often you THINK you're right." UGH....Be happy yours gets it.

buddy

That IS funny... so is husband's response.

TeDo, that so totally sounds like your difficult child 1!!! LOL

DammitJanet

LOL. Cory told me that he found out that his dad and I got smarter as he grew up. Especially once he had Keyana, he noticed that we really did have a clue...lmao.

susiestar

Roll With It
very cute! A great thing that she knows you are always right. Wonder how she would react if she was arguing and you flat out told her that you knew the arguing was just to argue because she knows you are always right. Probably not such a good thing to tell a teen because it would set off all sorts of oppositional nonsense, but it might be satisfying if it had been going on all day and she was stomping on your last nerve.