Back to reality

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by SunnyFlorida, Nov 27, 2006.

1. SunnyFlorida

SunnyFlorida Active Member

Welll...we did it. We all got along fairly well I'd say. difficult child 2 and girlfriend left with husband Wed afternoon. difficult child 1, exgf, baby and I left Thurs morning at 12:30. We got to our destination just as husband and difficult child 2 were getting up for their "hunt". Thanksgiving went great, the turkey paper plates were cute, the food good. I spent one night with exgf and baby in the hotel and the next two nights difficult child 1 went.

difficult child 1 started to get stressed, probably due to lack of sleep and being around everyone. You could actually see him start to change/cycle.

Hopefully difficult child 1 will be employed soon and learn to manage life easier. But...all in all I'd say it was a successful trip. Thanks for all the good wishes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/11-24f.gif

2. Lori4ever

Lori4ever New Member

So glad you had a good time! It sure makes it more pleasant. Good for you!

3. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Sure glad that things went well. Sometimes it is such an "iffy" thing to try something new. I bet that getting back to your home was a wonderful moment! DDD

4. KFld

KFld New Member

Glad to hear it went so well. You mentioned difficult child 1 getting stressed towards the end with everyone being around and that brings a questions to mind. Is that a difficult child trait to not be comfortable being around a lot of people?? or is it more a personal thing. My difficult child can't stand the thought of being around a lot of people. He has a huge phobia about it. Even Christmas eve, when I mentioned this year we are going to his uncles house he's already dreading the thought. It's like he has a comfort zone and being around people in a social setting isn't one of them.

5. Coookie

Coookie Active Member

Sunny,

Coming in late here but glad things went well. :biggrin: My difficult child could only be around alot of people for a short time. I'm sure that is different now. :highvoltage:

Hugs

6. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Sunny, this sounds like a great trip. I'm so happy for all of you. :bravo:

Suz