Back To School With An Easy Morning!!

B

Bunny

Uaually after a long school break difficult child gets crazy as the break draws to a close. The morning of the first day is not always a good morning. We increased his medications over the break and they must have kicked in because he was amazingly calm this morning. He did admit that he was nervous, but he was really calm about it and we talked about why he was nervous ("I don't know. I just am."), but the time came for him to get going to the bus stop and he went out the door with a kiss and an "I love you, Mom."

easy child had an ear infection over the break and he has to go back to the doctor's for a re-check of his ears and will be going to school late. That is something that I did not mention to difficult child and told easy child not to tell him, either, because I thought that would just cause problems.

Every now and then I think that there might actually be hope.

BusynMember

I'm so happy you got off to a good start. Now that school is back in session, many who still have younger difficult children get a well needed break :) I was in your shoes on...ohhhhhhhhhh those holidays...lol!

StressedM0mma

So glad to see that you had a good start. Hoping that it continues for you. We go back next Mon. Hoping we are as successful as you are.

T

TeDo

Baby steps mom, baby steps. This may or not be a permanent change but enjoy the possibility of what CAN be. The right diagnosis and right medications and right dosages have helped us a LOT. While not perfect, it is progressively getting better.....at least where difficult child 1 is concerned. Enjoy your day.