Back to the gym

Discussion in 'Healthful Living / Natural Treatments' started by KTMom91, Aug 9, 2009.

1. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

The staples from my knee surgery were removed Thursday, and I've been cleared to go back in the pool. So...tomorrow morning, I will go walk in water. Then I will come home, get the chlorine off, and go to church to tear down bulletin boards.

I will eat a good breakfast, not something from a bag. I will eat a good lunch. I will make sure I stay hydrated. I will probably take a nap somewhere along the line, too.

Somebody please hold me to this!

2. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Wow, Mary it sounds like you are recovering very nicely! Tomorrow sounds like a very well-planned day. I know you will be able to stick to your promise to be healthier! Enjoy the water :D

3. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I agree it sounds like you are healing well! The walking in the water is a great idea!!!
    You have a great plan and I know you'll do well with it. Definitely squeeze in that nap! Nothing beats a good nap!

4. maril

maril New Member

Great to hear you've reached this point in your recovery. I bet you are relieved. I hope the day goes well and you ease into your new routine with no problems. :D

5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Mary,
    Hope your day went well as planned!:)

6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Well, ladies, I didn't make it to the gym on Monday. I slept most of the day. I'm not sure why, but I feel great today, and have already done my water walk. Several people looked at me like I was not only crazy, but in their way as well, for walking instead of swimming. I can't swim. I offered to share the lane, and one woman did take me up on it.

I have Sunday school curriculum to sort and prep, so we'll be ready for the fall quarter. I have bulletin boards to plan, and clean clothes to put away, so I have lots to do. But I'm so glad I did my walking!

7. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I'm glad you are feeling better today! :D I hope you are able to get to the pool again tomorrow, too.

I'm going to try to walk around the soccer park this evening while difficult child 2 has his practice time. I've been sitting on my hiney a lot too much lately! :p

8. ML

ML Guest

Your body needed to rest and now it seems there's no stopping you! Enjoy the ride back to health :)