Bad complexion

klmno

Thanks, all! There are some great things to try here!! I doubt my insurance will cover retin a if it won't even cover my allegra-d, but I will pick up that other product you said was similar today. I feel hope about this!! I try to drink a lot of water, but truthfully, that comes and goes in phases. I certainly can watch my diet and I have no problem lightening up on a few things- although I hate the thought of giving up meat. I do love salads and can stand to lose a few more pounds. I have lost a few the past 3-4 mos, but have not lost it suddenly.

Thanks, again!! Oh- yeah, I am bad about using the same hand towel to pat-dry my face. It never occurred to me that this could contribute. I'll stop by a discount store or dept. store and buy some more hand towels and wash cloths in a bundle and change that habit. I'll have to review these ideas later, too, so I only incorporate 2-3 ideas at a time until I find what works.

Stress definitely effects things but with me it isn't so much resulting in a break-out- just looking weathered and having bags under my eyes when I don't sleep well or showing tension in my face when I think about my two least favorite people. That is getting much better the past couple of weeks and I think it will continue to improve.

I feel so much more hopeful about this now! I know I'll never have a perfect complexion, but I'd really started getting self-conscience about it so I think now that it can improve some. Thanks again!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
eeky- I understand your concerns and comments. There will always be naysayers. But then there are those who have tried and proven that it is beneficial to their specific lifestyle and needs as an individual.

First, which I forgot to mention: Always run it by your Dr first.

All three of my doctors (GP, Gyno, Allergist) approve of my personal detox method, which I do 3-4 times per year.

I am a healthy eater, but like everyone I go through times when I eat junk food. This poor eating is almost always reflected in breakouts, increase in allergies, asthma, consitpation and bloating for me. As I move through the 7-10 days of healthy detox, I can feel my body healing. I feel lighter (and I'm not talking about weight), I can feel the lethargy decrease and the energy increase, I sleep better, I think more clearly, my skin feels softer and has less breaking out, and my digestive system becomes better regulated.

I also know personally 4 people - 2 close friends and 2 mere acquiantances - who also cleanse/detox thier bodies 3-4 times per year. Of those 4 people, only one of them has had bad results and that is because she ate as she normally eats throughout the cleansing/detox period. She was nauseas and had headaches, felt more bloated and had diahhrea. I suggested she speak with her Dr, which she did, and her Dr advised her to discontinue the cleanse until she was prepared to do it by the book. She later did it again without incident.

It is essential to fully understand and follow the methods as it is written. You cannot cheat and make up your own rules when doing a cleanse. And not all cleanses/detoxes are alike. Which is why I ran mine past my doctors first. Incidentally, the cleanse I use was developed in the 1940's and has been proven over and over again to be safe, healthy and effective.

Also, depending on where you get your information, the data can most certainly be skewed or wrong. I personally read periodicals which are based in the ideals of natural healing and organic feeding with many articles and data that support healing our bodies through diet and other organic natural methods, such as cleansing and detoxing.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't "detox", but I feel 100% better when I keep the sugars at bay, too, so I can relate, Jo. I take less Benadryl for allergies and less Advil for arthritis in my knees. I have more energy and I sleep better. Even my sinus problems reduce. When you find that "magic ticket", it really, really makes a huge difference. Unfortunately, I suspect what's right for one isn't exactly right for another. Who knew sugar acted as an inflammatory to me..? I sure didn't. I could have saved about $5grand on Advil over the years if I'd known that! lol

klmno

I think what JoG is describing becomes more of an issue for those of us in our 40's or older- at least this is what happened with me. Lightening up on certain types of foods almost becomes a necessity at times and I've done it before just as a natural response to feeling so miserable.

Shari- it sounds like you had no choice but to address this kind of stuff earlier than most. I'm glad you found a method to help.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Actually, I literally stumbled into it - I was seeing my doctor for something else altogether and he had "one of those feelings" and asked to run a battery of blood tests. I didn't even realize how bad I felt til I felt better!

But I am very thankful for it. I figure its a jump-start/head-start on problems I was bound to face eventually!

N

Nomad

I too feel better and my skin is better when I limit sugar and breads. When I eat bread, I try to find ones with- little or no preservatives/sugar, etc. and again...not too often and small portions.