Bad Day

pasajes4

I took my grandchild shopping this morning. We were driving down the road when we encountered a young man walking down the street with his pants belted down around his thighs. This made him walk like a penguin in order to keep them up. It also looked like he had a loaded diaper.

I commented outloud about his appearance and on how I was sick of spending class time writing up kids dressed like this. Well gd told me to "shut-up Nana. He might hear you and it's none of your businees." My response, " I am now taking you home. You do not tell adults to shut-up." To this she replied, "You never have to take me shopping again." Uhhhh O.K.:rofl:

Last edited:

HMBgal

Oh heavens...I feel like this is my future with my difficult child grandson. So, it sounds like you might want to learn how to sing "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground." It's on YouTube.

Gawd help us that we had to go through the teenage years with our own kids, now we get to do it again. How come I feel like I haven't learned a thing?

SuZir

Sorry for the bad day.

I can sympathize both of you. It's not fun, when kids are disrespectful, and after I get my kids teen years over, I'm not eager to deal with more. I also have some understanding for your GD. Of course you just don't tell your granny to shut up, but I have once or twice been in the situation, where I so much have wanted to tell a friend to just shut up When you are with the other person and they criticize or make fun of someone's appearance and the person they are ridiculing may hear, it really is an awful feeling. Yeah, socks in sandals, fanny pack, 'funny' prints in shirts or shirt with flower print may look awful, not even mentioning many teen or elderly trends, but it really feels embarrassing when you are with someone, who does ridicule people they don't know publicly because of their appearance.

DDD

I'm eager to hear what your easy child daughter's response was to the quick trip. Sigh. DDD

TerryJ2

His THIGHS? Lol! That is totally like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins!

Hey, it's a free country. People can wear what they want, but if they don't want people commenting, they'll just have to cover their ears!

pasajes4

We were in the car. He was walking on the other side of the road, a/c on, windows up,music blaring. The whole showing the backside is more than a fashion statement it is meant as a show of disrespect to policemen and adults. It literally means you can kiss my ***.

My daughter was cool with it. My gd has hit the teen years with a vengence and has gotten quite mouthy from time to time.