Bad news in the neighborhood

muttmeister

I'm up at this ridiculous time of night and can't sleep. Was really groggy and on my way to bed when I got a call from younger difficult child: my neighbor across the street (the one who looks after my dogs when I'm gone) was killed in a car accident tonight. Just visited with him this evening. I'm sure he'd been drinking but that doesn't make the news any easier to take. He was a very good friend of older difficult child. I talked to older difficult child; he will be here tomorrow in time for breakfast. So now, instead of sleeping while I need to I'm wide awake.
In addition, daughter in law's granmother died yesterday and difficult child 2 had hemorrhoid surgery Thursday. So we are not doing so well here. I hope that's our 3 for awhile.

DammitJanet

Oh Mutt...Im so sorry. I am sure it is very hard to take the death of your neighbor no matter what the reason. He sounds like a good neighbor if he cared for your dogs. Those are hard to find. Im sure it will be hard on your son. Give him a hug from me .... well Im sure he doesnt want one...lol. I hope this is your 3 too.

pigless in VA

Wow, that's awful! I wouldn't have been able to sleep either. I'm sorry that your family is grieving. Try to get some sleep tonight.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wow Mutt - I am like you - You've had your three - so that's enough.

I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter in laws Grandmother. And your neighbor, I'm sure your son is going to take this hard, but maybe he'll find some comfort in knowing that you were one of the last people to talk to him, and can tell him some of the things you spoke about. I don't know about the other son and how painful that surgery must be - but Im guessing if it got to surgery he'll have to be feeling better soon.

Sending a big hug and love from SC to you there in NE -
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. I agree. This is certainly your 3, and you don't need anymore.

So very sorry. Keeping all of you in my prayers.

((hugs))

muttmeister

Thanks all. Apparently the neighbor swerved to miss a deer and lost control and hit a telephone pole. The funeral is Thursday. Both of my sons will be pall bearers. It is a sad time for everybody.