Bad News....Now What????

horserider

I am just catching up with posts, have not been able to the last few weeks. Our difficult child did have previous offenses, besides the "status offenses", domestic violence, assult. He was accepted into a theraputic program through the courts, still part of the jjc, but with family, group and individual therapy. He basically earns each week, passes home etc. We have learned once the courts take over, they control your childs life. The program our difficult child is in now seems promising (he's been there 3 months so far), we have seen positive changes, everything is very structured.

Different states offer different programs I'm sure. Ask someone in intake what kind of programs your county jjc offers. After over a year with CMH in home therapy services we were turned down for an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement (budget cuts - no programs or room) in court when our difficult child was arrested. CMH turned to the county jjc courts to determine his placement.

Working with gov. agencies can truly get you running in circles. I hope you find some answers soon. Take care.