Bad news. The search continues.

Californiablonde

So the apartment I wanted has already been rented. I went there today to turn in my application. I was a day too late. Somebody else already applied for it and put a deposit on it yesterday. I am quite surprised. I just saw the place on Wednesday. The old tenants literally just moved out and the place still needed painting and new carpeting. The apartment complex wasn't even advertising. I found them by mistake. Somebody moved real fast on it. Lesson learned. Next time I am going to fill out the application right there in the office and give it to the very same day.

Now I have all these thoughts running around in my head. I have exactly one month to move. What if I don't find a place in time? What if I have to move to a motel for awhile? What if ex decides to take custody of difficult child because I don't have a fit place to live? And if I have to pay child support there would be no way I would have enough money to save up for an apartment eventually. Sigh. So the search continues. I gotta hit the streets hard and try to find a place. Wish me luck. I am feeling the pressure.

buddy

I didn't get three and in fact was turned down for this one but kept making my case. It is stressful for sure but you will find a place. What ifs dont help.....

Your place is out there.....

Nancy

Just a word of caution, my easy child was looking for an apartment and they told her one was available exactly where she wanted it, facing the courtyard, and of course it was an updated one with new carpeting and appliances. The next day she went to put her deposit in and they said it was rented....but oh we have a couple more available just not in as desireable spot (facing parking lot or dumpster). The old bait and switch routine.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Put in your app anyway, they may have another open up. In the meantime, keep looking, you might find something better.

Californiablonde

Thanks I will keep looking. Feeling a little discouraged but I know that it was obviously not meant to be. Maybe I will find something even better. I am going to continue to pray about it and let God guide me to the perfect place.

DDD

I totally agree with HaoZi....turn in your application. There is NO way to know if someone else will give notice tomorrow or next week. Get your application in now. Then continue your search in other complexes. Furthermore there is no way to know for sure that the people who got "your" apt. will still want it next month. They could lose their jobs or get transferred or win the lottery. Cover all your basis and then say your prayers. DDD