Bailey Marie RIP

trinityroyal

Steph, I am so very sorry for your loss. Saying many prayers for your sister, you and your family during this heartbreaking time.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
Trinity

klmno

I'm so sorry- I was hoping for a miracle, too. Please know that you and your sister and the baby Bailey are still in my thoughts.

Stella Johnson

Thanks everyone.

Anyone who has suggestions or advice that has been through this... please let me know what I should be doing or try to get done. I would like to make this as easy as possible for her. It is a nightmare.

I talked to her a little while ago. They gave her the stuff to make her dialate but she hasn't dialted at all yet. They gave her an epidural and are giving her just about anything she wants. Her doctor has been very understanding. The hospital she is in is brand new and all the rooms are like suites. They have big LCD TV's, wireless internet, and a full living room in all of them.

Steph

house of cards

I am sorry Bailey has passed away and for the emptiness in your hearts for her. I hope the delivery goes quickly, it does sound like the hospital is doing their best for all.

judi

Steph - so very sorry for your family's loss.

I think the most important thing to do is just to be there for your sister and brother in law.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm so very sorry for your family's loss.

I have never experienced thsi sort of loss, so I don't have any advice. Others close to me who have experienced it tho have all said they wish people would have acknowledged their baby. Even tho she was lost, it was still their child.

I can't imagine buying a baby gift at a time like this, but perhaps a locket for your sis? This will always be her firstborn daughter, and I would imagine the pain of today will somehwat subside in time, and tho Bailey's life was short, there will still be memories of her to hold onto. Something perhaps that can celebrate that down the road? I really don't know. Others with experience would be much better suited to advise.

Please know you are all in my prayers.

4sumrzn

My thoughts and prayers are going out for all of you. I have not experienced this myself, but had a friend that did. I think Shari's suggestion might be a good one....it may or may not help right now, but just might down the road. Many {{{hugs}}}.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Steph,

Your family has my deepest sympathy. Heaven...has a new angel.

Sorry for your loss. Hugs & Love
Star

busywend

Steph, I hope you got my PM.

One of the greatest gifts I got from my mother was a plaque that had a cross with a little boy praying on it. I actually had that picture inscribed into the headstone for my son.

One thing I did not mention to you in PM. I do have a baby book for him. I had gotten one at the baby shower and I filled in all I could. I wish I had pictures for it as I mentioned, but I did have a little piece of his hair to put in there. The medical bracelets, anything of mine from that hospital visit, every memory of Nicholas in one book.

You are so sweet to try to figure out what to do. Most people stay away as it is too painful for them to be around.

HUGS!!

I'm so very sorry... One of my friend's is a pedi nurse in an intensive care unit in a large hospital in our area. I know she would give you the same advice as Busywend just did. in my humble opinion, in time, having things to remember Bailey Marie by, will help your sister cope with this most devastating loss.

My deepest sympathies are going out to your family... Hugs.... WFEN

lovemysons

Oh Steph, I am so sorry. I just wanted to send out my love and care to you.
Prayers with your sister and family.
Love,
Tammy

Stella Johnson

Thanks for all the prayers. I can't tell you how much it means to me to be able to "talk" to all of you guys and get all of my thoughts and feelings out. I can't really talk to family since they are all going through it too.

Bailey's funeral was Monday. I fell apart the day she was born when I held her. I held it together pretty well for my sister until I saw the little white casket. It all hit me again. It's all just so unfair. She never even got to open her eyes.

The service was beautiful. She had pink roses everywhere. One of Deb's friends had bought her a little pair of Puma sneakers and put them on her casket.

difficult child bought Bailey a pink cross that says Grace on it. She put it on her casket and they put it inside later. It was a closed casket.

My poor sister is going through hell right now. It kills me to see her like this.

I took pictures of Bailey the day she was born and had mom take pictures of me holding her. One of Deb's friends took pictures at the funeral as well. I got all of them and I'm making a picture book. I made one for SO for Christmas with his cats in it. Found it on www.artscow.com
You upload the pics and pick a book, backgrounds, etc and you can also add words and stuff. I'm working on trying to lighten Bailey's skin a little for the album on photoshop. The pics made her look more red than she really was.

My sister hasn't been ready to see her pictures yet but by the time the book comes I think she will be. She was a beautiful baby girl. I wish she could have stayed longer.

Steph

busywend

It will mean the world to her someday to have something, anything that represents Bailey. You are a good sister!!