baking question

K

Kjs

When I work at school, they cook everything on what looksl like wax paper.

I am up an ready to start baking now. Only I was wondering if the store brand WAXTEX--yellow box wax paper can be baked on.

Doesn't say on the box. Doesn't even say on the website.

Marguerite

We don'thve tat brand so I cna't help. What we buy comes in several brands but is labelled "baking paper" and has information on the box on how to use it.

I also use those silicone rubber sheets which are sold for oven use. We actually have one we use as a noon-skid mat under the chopping board in the kitchen, but if I'm getting pastries or biscuits ready, I'll prepare them on the rubber sheet then slide it onto a metal tray before putting it in the oven, it saves trying to move them (and risk breaking them) onto another baking tray.

The joy of using good baking paper, or silicone bakeware, is that it is beautifully non-stick.

You just need to read the instructions and make sure you have the right stuff.

Marg

smallworld

Parchment paper, which has a waxy surface, can be used to line baking sheets for drop cookies.

I sometimes line with wax paper (I use Reynolds Cut-rite -- don't know if it's the same as your brand) and then grease and flour round baking pans for a layer cake. The wax paper prevents the cake layers from sticking to the pans.

Hope that helps.

SRL

I use parchment paper on all my cookie sheets. I reuse the sheet for the entire batch. It's cheaper than non-stick spray, doesn't change flavor, and I'm assuming (hoping) better for the environment than the empty aeresol can.