Barbara?

tiredmommy

I saw these in the quick quotes box and immediately thought of you:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.

M. Scott Peck
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

Soren Kierkegaard
</div></div>

ScentofCedar

HA!

Too exciting.

I am trying to find a particular one ~ something about the soul and the calmiing effect of focusing our intellectual eye. I am finding all the others instead.

I wish my life were sweeter and more succulent, juicier and more tender.

Our fear keeps us cornered in lives we have outgrown.

(I don't know the source for that one ~ it's pretty though, isn't it.)

The dragon rises from the mists and rolling fog of NOT KNOWING, aware that the journey has begun. It is time for the authentic self to emerge from confusion, seek its education, claim its knowledge.

Mark Bryan/Julia Cameron ~ The Artist's Way at Work

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.

Carl Sagan

Show off and suffer.

Julia Cameron ~ Artist's Way at Work

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous amounts of energy merely to be normal.

Albert Camus

For this relief much thanks;
'tis bitter cold, and I am sick at heart.

Shakespeare ~ Hamlet

I always knew that one day I would take this road but
yesterday
I did not know today
would be the day.

Nagarjuna

Do not be afraid.

Jesus Christ

Barbara

ScentofCedar

In order to experience yourself more powerfully, you must WILL to do so. If you want to radiate from your own source and stop depending on other people, you must work very hard at learning to trust your own mind. When you succeed, you will have preferences, instead of needs and dependencies. You will operate from your heightened intuition and honed awareness and your behavior will be calm, appropriate, and exacting. You will use your will with consciousness, and take responsibility for all of your decisions. When problems create minor upsets, you will live through them with dignity, fluidity, and exactitude and then, you will move on.

Layers, crusts, and shells which may have been built up over years become brittle, break apart, and begin to disappear. Muscles relax. And a realization dawns that a personal daystar has begun to shine, giving us its light.

Maria Harris ~ The Dance of Women's Spirituality

The pain body may seem to you like a dangerous monster that you cannot bear to look at, but I assure you that it is an insubstantial phantom that cannot prevail against the power of your presence.

Tolle ~ The Power of Now

...an outdated rage means to be tired all the time, to have a thick layer of cynicism, to dash the hopeful, the tender, the promising. It means to be afraid you will lose before ou open your mouth. It means to reach flashpoint inside whether you show it on the outside or not. It means bilious, entrenched silences. It means feeling helpless. But there is a way out, and it is through forgiveness.

Maria Estes ~Women Who Run With the Wolves

:smile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I like this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.

Jill Churchill </div></div> </span>

ScentofCedar

Hi, Fran!

She was directly aware of the passage of History gently flowing through her in a mighty current, and of her own life welling like a wave in the flow of a vast tide.

~ Toynbee

Authoritarian government is like a splendid ship with all its sails set; it moves majestically on, then it hits a rock and sinks forever. Democracy is like a raft. It never sinks but :censored2: it, your feet are always in the water.

wife Brogan

Hard work never killed anyone ~ but why take a chance?

Ronald Reagan

A grade is an inadequate report of an inaccurate judgement by a biased and variable judge of the extent to which a student has attained an undefined level of mastery of an unknown proportion of an indefinite amount of material.

Paul Dressel

And do you know, I never did find the quote from Mary Shelley?

:rofl:
Barbara