Bartender!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Time for a glass of WHINE... hold on while I indulge myself in a little pity party!

OMG -- this trend lately of things going wrong around here is just about reaching my saturation point...

The latest... we're supposed to be going to Hawaii in June for vacation. And Aloha Airlines just folded TODAY. And that's where I booked our tickets. And our in-laws' tickets.

Hmmm... computer crapped out last week with all my tax stuff on it. Had to shell out way more than I'd planned for a new one and start all over again. So no, my taxes STILL aren't done -- and DANG we need that refund!

I can't find the questionnaires for difficult child 2's neuro psychiatric evaluation on Wednesday. I was reminded this morning by the school psychologist that I have a IEP meeting TOMORROW after school which I'd neglected to write down on my calendar.

difficult child 2 had horrible shakes this morning, likely something residual from his trip to the ER SATURDAY due to a dystonic reaction to Zyprexa. Not to mention his new Sydenham's diagnosis.

And of course, who can forget husband's brain surgery last month?

I've got a leaky roof. Termites. A house that needs painting. Yard work up the kazoo since husband is turning his disability into a vacation. A van held together with duct tape and super glue...

Hmmm... I wonder what will be next? Any bets?

Okay, glass is empty. Thanks for hearing me out. Next time I think I'll try some cheese with that whine...
:wine:

mom_in_training

Yikes it never ends, Huh? I'll join you in your lil whine. Geeze My van needs a new radiator hose. Ummm I have had two guys offer to change it out but not one has stepped up so I am waiting for my sis to take me to the auto supply to swap out the wrong hose that I got the first time and replace the darn thing myself. Have to pick up my sons new wheelchair tomorrow and need the van to haul it. Oh and I am looking at my back fence that is in shambles from the last major bad winds we had here and yep some guys have offered help on that as well but you guessed it, Not stepping up, So I suppose I'll have to do that myself too. I so know how it is to be overwhelmed with things that just keep adding up and having no help at all. My circumstances do not involve a husband recovering from surgery but it does include a 19 year old that is physically capable but ummmm does not even help or offer up and when I ask throws a lil tizzy fit. I don't even drink but I'll join ya, Hands some cheese to gvcmom. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
******SHAZAM********
*******SHAZAM*********
*******SHAZAM********

THAT is the ANTI WHAMMY that you may have provoked from the trolls by asking what is next - only by doing shazam 3 times on the board do you get to take it back.

Do not ask again.

Do not ask again.

Do not ask again.

Hugs----really - when it rains it pours. But then again I've always said never ask what can go wrong next.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Look in the mirror and ask "What will go right?"... Sarcasm noted!!! "I will not acknowledge the bad things"... re-fill the glass.

DDD

Sending sympathetic support your way. been there done that for too darn many years.
on the other hand, I can be your personal bartender so long as it is nothing more complicated than Cutty and Water...hold the ice.

:devil2: Hugs. DDD

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Holy cow, you don't deserve a wine and cheese basket, you deserve an all-out hard liquor drunk. Wow.

But, since you're sticking with wine, here's refilling yours and having one myself.

Steely

Major hugs. I so know the feeling, of just too much on one's plate. Seriousy, it is like the world rotates on you as the axis! How much can one take?

Sending strength your way.

F

flutterbee

It's those ants that get you every darn time.

Have you heard the ant analogy? It actually comes from a former co-worker. Not sure I ever saw him not high on pot, and most things that came out of his mouth were just odd, but this one makes sense.

The big things come along (the elephants) - husband's surgery, difficult child 2's new diagnosis - and we take them in stride. It's probably a survival mechanism.

But then those little things come up (the ants) and we just completely lose it.

It's the ants not the elephants that do you in. I guess the ants are the proverbial straw.

All of these little things in and of themselves would be an annoyance, to be sure, but that's it. But when you have all of these elephants around you, you just want the ants to do what they're supposed to!

((((hugs)))) I so understand.

You could file a claim for your tickets in bankruptcy court. Of course, I'm assuming that would be the bankruptcy court in Hawaii.

*ducks and runs for cover*

gcvmom

Here we go again!
WG... supposedly United is taking over some of the Aloha flights. I waited in phone limbo for over an hour today trying to find out what I'm supposed to do: ask for a refund from our credit card company or sit tight 'cuz the flights are covered? Phone lines were just swamped, most likely by all the people left in the lurch who are travelling between here and there over the next few days.

Your are SO right about the ants. I feel like I'm doing okay with the big stuff, and then crap like the computer and the tax forms and the plane tickets all start piling up.

I had a good night, though. A good friend brought homemade lasagna dinner to us tonight -- salad, garlic bread, good bottle of wine and even choc chip cookies her girls made for dessert. I am so lucky to have people like her in my life :D God knew this was going to be one of those Mondays when He whispered to my friend about bringing dinner to us today ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks so much, Steely :) I'm taking up all offers for hugs when I get them, because I just never know when I'll need one!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
One thing for sure, if you didn't have days like yesterday, you wouldn't realize how special friends like last night's are!

Congrats on a great friend.

And pouring another round, just in case.