BBQ chicken

crazymama30

So I have a couple of leftover BBQ chicken breasts and legs. I am thinking I will turn them into BBQ shredded chicken, but would I just put the chicken in a pan with some watered down sauce and cook it?

Any hints here?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Or just try putting it in a crockpot (if you have one) with full-strenght sauce. Otherwise, yeah, I'd put it in a pot on low and slow cook it with the slightly diluted sauce.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
You could do it with slightly diluted sauce, but I'd try diluting the sauce with canned chicken broth instead of plain water. It wouldn't detract from the flavor of the chicken like the added water would.

Right now they are putting barbecue chicken on everything, up to and including pizza.

DammitJanet

You could just tear it off the bones and heat it up when you want to eat it. Microwave or saucepan. Add a little more sauce with broth or water.

SRL

I'd follow Janet's suggestion. Since it's already cooked, anything more than reheating would probably dry it out.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
it just occurred to me. Some restaurants serve BBQ and other flavored chicken salads.

Could you just cut up the leftover chicken and either make a classic chicken salad with mayo and spices and the like.

Even nicer might be to make a Caesar type salad and garnish it with the sliced up BBQ chicken?

Actually, the second one sounds really good.

DammitJanet

I have taken to baking most of my chicken now to make my chicken salad because it tastes better to me. So if I have extra chicken from a baked chicken dinner, I just peel it off and freeze it until I have enough.