Bead Rattlin Request (Old Timer)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Prayers being said and candles will be lit on Tuesday. Please come back and let this family know how you are.

Nancy

Jerri,

Sending much love and healing prayers. Ph will get to where you are and together you will slay this dragon.

Nancy

witzend

I do remember, and I am really sorry to hear that you are facing this burden. I'm glad that you have Tom and your family to support you, they will be a big help to you, I know.

Rattling beads and lighting candles for you and your family.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Another stranger chiming in as well. Hopefully things go as well as this type of thing can. Here's to minimal pain (or good drugs) and restful healing.

As you will find out, I have a "slightly" twisted sense of humor so in the spirit of things....here's a bit of mastectomy humor.

I had a great-aunt named Lois who was rather busty. She was diagnosis'd with breast cancer and had a mastectomy on one side. Being the stubborn, independant, doesn't give a d@mn what others think type of person, she never had reconstructive surgery. Instead, she had a falsie but she didn't like it. Said it moved around too much on her and she would wind up with a boob sticking out of her shoulder so she just quit wearing it. I swear, every time I stood and talked to her, I wanted to lean. Knowing Lois though, the added bonus of throwing people off kilter probably tickled her to no end.

Again, I hope all goes as well as possible and your hubs finds a way to process and deal with everything.

judi

Oh my goodness Jerri - of course I remember you. I want to wish you the best and know many of us remember you. Please take care...

Abbey

Spork Queen
JERRI!!!!! I know you'd always come back to the place you'd get support.

I'm so sorry, girl. My heart tugs for you right now. Please keep us informed.

Words can't say enough, but you have a couple thousand strangers who are pulling for you.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jerri,

Well look who came back home to say hello! Good to see you. I was thinking that since I could use a breast reduction and your PH likes 'em small, and since I've survied breast cancer....I have a plan.

I will give you 1/2 of my (.)(.). See even at giving you 1/2 of mine 44E...you'd do okay. (doing the math) 1/2 of 44E would be 22C.....account for back, ribs.....and I think that would put you at a 32C. It would put me at a 32 C too!!!! Hmm but that creates another problem for me as my butt is probably a 68H.......and if I only had a 32C rack - it would make my butt look bigger. So I shall buy larger tennis shoes to compensate. I think I'll go to the Clinique counter to make myself feel better and get a makeover.

And now that I truly LOOK like Ronald McDonald I could get into the hospital to visit you! I'll be the one with the big butt, small boobs, and ridicuously large shoes - and hot red lipstic all over my face - (it was the drugs from the surgery (boobectomy) I swear)

So if Ronald McDonald shows up at your bedside....it's me. If elephants wearing tutu's dancing with alligators show up at your bedside? It's a Fantasia flashback. If kittens with balloons and puppys with flowers show up, and they are spinning in space while sugar plum faireys flit through the air? It's probably time to back off the morphine.

You're in my prayers.....
Star

Did-I

Worn out warrior
Strange how we "old timers" whose difficult child's are grown and have moved on (or haven't and still haunt us, like mine) slip away, and fate (for lack of better words?) brings us back together again for various reasons, good, bad or indifferent. For whatever the reasons, we re-group as the family this board has created, strength in numbers, and gather 'round one of our own.

I am so sorry you are facing this Jerri. I, too, got a chuckle out of how you pegged what Pico's advise to PH would be. You know, too, that she'd have plenty of Picoisms for you as well. Listen to what she tells you. ;)

Hugs and prayers to you and your family through this difficult time. Take care of you!