Becoming involved again...

New Leaf

No need to over stress on this stuff Lil, it all boils down to we just want our kids to be on their way successfully. Sometimes a little nudge helps, the only way to know is to try.
You will both get to where you need to be with this in due time.
Main thing- take care of your health, don't lose sleep ( talking to myself here, too).
What will be, will be.
Crossing fingers real hard. Hope all goes well.
leafy

SuZir

I want him "settled".

Here is the thing: He is what? 20 already? But still very young. He doesn't need to be settled. He has amble time to find his own way and learn. You raised him well. He knows a lot about how things should be done and how they shouldn't be done. Knowing and doping are still different matters, but he is slowly figuring it out. Sorry to say, but he sounds like bit thick headed at times so it may take few more try and errors, but he is slowly figuring it out.

I of course hope he would settled and this would be a big turn to better, but maybe it would help you to consider this time period in his life as a journey of exploration. To try to consider it a valuable process, not something that should be done and dusted as quickly as possible. People learn in different ways and phases, this is his way of learning about life and love. Maybe trying to appreciate that process would ease your mind a bit.

Okay, you know I'm not a right person to say that ;) But I do think it could be helpful way to try to see it.

Copabanana

I so agree with Suzir.
Okay, you know I'm not a right person to say that ;) But I do think it could be helpful way to try to see it.
Nor am I the right person to say it. But I am getting there.

Our children have lives of their own to live. So do we. We are getting there.

COPA

Lil

Well he got it! And a higher pay than Taco Bell. :) So all mom's worry for nothing.

You're all right of course and I'm sure he will cause me much more grief, not like this fixed him. But keeping a job is such a big first step in the right direction. I've said for years that if he'd just WORK things would be better.

Thank you for your strong and loving shoulders.

Copabanana

Great news about the job, Lil. Sorry about the house(s) falling through. Try to think, if you can, that they were not the right ones, and the best one is yet to come.

I know how hard it is. I am happy for your son. He is doing it and so are you.

COPA

AppleCori

Yey for the job!

He is trying, Lil.

It happened with a lot less work from you this time, I think, and more work on his part. He seems to be progressing.

Maybe this girlfriend is a good thing for him.