Been a long time

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well I thought I would stop by and check in. I don't remember the last time I posted. I lurk once in a while.

husband is still the same. difficult child 1 is living with a guy. She rotates through them very rapidly. She is living in another state which makes detachment much easier.

difficult child 2 alternates between the mental facility and jail. I worry if he ends up in prison that he will die. For those that know our past you'll understand.

easy child is still at home. She is going to college still.

I am still with the same organization. It has gone through a major restructuring and I have survived two major rifs. I have started back to college. This is a major step for me. So far I am in my first two classes. It is going well. .

Hope all is well here.

Beth

tiredmommy

(((Beth))) I've missed you! That's troubling news about the difficult children, but unforunately I'm not surprised. Good for you and easy child going to college!

flutterby

Fly away!
Beth! I think about you often. Sorry to hear about the difficult children, but am glad to hear that you are doing for yourself.

DammitJanet

Hey there! I have thought of you often when I read Dr Seus to the kids. Its great you are going to college. It seems difficult child's will just still be difficult child's...sigh

Californiablonde

Thanks for the update. So sorry to hear your difficult children aren't doing very well but congrats on going back to college. I envy you. I would like to go back myself once my kids are grown. I would like to become a drug/alcohol counselor one day but I feel as if I have too much on my plate right now to go back any time soon. Best of luck to you.

TerryJ2

Thank you for checking in, Beth! SO glad you're going back to school. That's exciting.
Sorry about your difficult child but as you said, she's in another state, so that helps with-detachment at least.
Glad easy child is in school, too!

Steely

Beth, I thought about you the other day, out of the blue. Maybe when you posted this, I wondered what happened to "mrscatinthehat" and her kiddos. Sounds like overall is it going well, sorta. difficult child 1 sounds like she is trying - and my heart breaks for difficult child 2. Please stay in touch. You have been missed. Much love.