been a rough weekend

Mom2oddson

First, tomorrow at 10am, our Miss Annie will be leaving us. It's been a very hard decision but it's the right one. Her body has stopped absorbing nutrients. She's lost around 25 pounds in the last two months. No matter how much she eats, there is no weight gain. So, it is either let her starve to death or have the doctor come to the house and end her misery. I feel horrible. And I'm worried how Miss Daisy will handle not having her sister with her. The two of them have been together for 12 years.

Add to this, I just found out that easy child was on academic probation this last year and that his grades weren't good enough this quarter to get off of probation. So, basically, he has to go before the appeals board to see if he can attend in the fall. If not, he has to wait until January to go back to school. Hope this doesn't mess up his loans. Uhg! But, thanks to life with difficult children....This is HIS issue, not mind.

Add to that...we found out that our roof needs to be replaced. It should make it through one more winter but next spring it better be replaced. Well, the only way that we will have money for a new roof is if husband goes off-station to Japan. So, whoopee, I will get to be a work widow from January through May of next year. Just what I love....being alone for months without my best friend.

No wonder I feel like a depressed mess this weekend. At least I have a psychiatrist appointment on Friday. When I made it a couple of months ago, it was mainly to keep my spot open because if more than a year goes by, I have to go through a bunch of stuff to get back to seeing her. Little did I know then that I would need the appointment.

On the plus side - Steph passed the states required tests for graduation!! She will be graduating on June 11th!! So, there is some good news in my life.

Thanks for letting me share.

Jody

I am so sorry about Annie. I always hate to hear when a furry family member has to leave the family. I always try to remember that they will be waiting for me. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Hang in there!!! This place is so great to come and talk to our friends, when we are down, always remember things do get better. If they didn't we'd have no happy times. Congrats to Steph!!!

DammitJanet

So sorry bout miss annie. I know that is such a hard decision to make.

Ugh on the roof too. They sure are expensive arent they? My roof on my mobile has been bad for years. It was supposedly guaranteed but the company that sold me the home went out of business the year I bought the stupid thing so any warranty's were worthless. Every time we have a major wind storm shingles fly off. We just cant afford to replace it.

L

Liahona

Sorry, that is a lot to take in for one weekend. I wish there was the rule that all problems had to be spread out instead of all at once.