Been awhile, but the drama continues...

nvts

Hey Hex! Make sure you let us know which news stations you called. We'd love to follow the story and post comments on different sites that are up for that sort of thing!

Also, call some of your local politicians. Elections are coming up and they'll grab ANY oppurtunity to mug in front of a camera (running to a desperate Moms aid to just do what's right for her son!).

I've got you in my prayers!

Beth

B

butterflydreams

Just wanted to send my hugs and hopes that you are able to get him the help he needs.

Christy

Steely

I don't think I know you Hex...........or maybe I do under a different name?

But I just wanted to send you a million hugs. I wish I could offer more advice, but I am pretty mentally sapped at the moment - but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Christy

Sending good thoughts your way. I hope your meeting was helpful. What a tough situation to be in, it's just not right that you are stuck in this position.

Christy

L

luvmyottb

hex,

After reading your thread, I am speechless. Are you around? Updates? Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

busywend

Hex, looking for an update on court yesterday. Hopefully, you are not in a jail cell right now. We should get our warrior mom suits on and storm the jail!

:warrior::warrior::warrior::warrior:
:warrior::warrior::warrior::warrior:

hexemaus2

Old hand
Storm the jail? lol. Wouldn't that be such a sight? :bigsmile:
The meeting with the Cpt. went very well. Well enough that the judge sent a probation officer out to the police department yesterday to pick up and hand deliver to the judge all the reports the police have on difficult child 2. He wants to, according to the Cpt, "fast-track a solution" due to the "volatile nature" of the issues. This is the same office where the lady in charge of the probation officers walked out of the room and refused to speak to me just this past Friday - much less let me talk to the judge.

Horray for not just opening doors, but letting the judge huff and puff til the doors got blown down from the inside!! :)

difficult child 2 is home for the time being. (DFCS would have removed all of the kids for "safety reasons" had I dug in my heels, according to our attorney.) Cpt also talked to the hospital staff and explained their concerns for our safety. So...docs upped his dose of Geodon to 40mg 2x a day to "help slow him down." Plus, I got my PRN medication. An extra 20mg of Geodon I can administer up to every 12 hours if needed.

We have a safety plan in place with the police department. If difficult child 2 even so much as mouths off to me, I'm to call an officer out. They are to help prevent escalations, make sure difficult child 2 complies with taking the PRN medication as needed (the cpt said the officers can't "force" him to take it, but they can be there to immediately get him transported to the ER if he refuses), AND to add to the paper trail. (So no one can charge me with failure to protect the other kids, and to document any/all inaction on the part of Department of Juvenile Justice.) Cpt O said even if he has to have an officer come to the house 3 or 4 times a day, then that's just what they'll have to do. He and the Chief are going to talk to each shift to let them know what the plan/instructions are in terms of difficult child 2. (Thank Heavens I live in a small town with a small police force of less than 25 officers - most of whom are already familiar with difficult child 2.)

I'm waiting on a call back from the folks at Department of Juvenile Justice (one of the p.o.'s called and left a message yesterday.) I think they're trying to get difficult child 2 squeezed into the next calendar session this coming Friday, but I'm not sure.

difficult child 2 almost extended his own stay at the hospital yesterday. He was joking and cutting up during the discharge meeting & one of the nurses chewed him out royally for it because we just couldn't get him to listen and understand that this is serious stuff now. I almost turned around on the drive home because he started to get mouthly when I continued the conversation. (Basically telling him that the life he had before this admission no longer exists - anything he did before in terms of computers, games, social activities, free time, etc. is all gone now.)

Basically, his stay at home is a temporary thing for the time being. The only thing undecided at this point is whether he goes to YDC or to an Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I have a feeling he's going to be in YDC, which everyone involved knows isn't really where he needs to be, but for safety reasons may be our only option at this point. Lock him up in YDC and wait for him to blow up there. If he does, Department of Juvenile Justice will have no choice but to have him moved to a secure Residential Treatment Center (RTC) - if for no other reason that the safety of the other kids at YDC. (I don't care what reason we use, or how we have to get there, just so long as he gets there somehow.)

For now, everyone seems to be on the same page - safety first, treatment second. But, as we all know, the wheels are slow to turn. At least now I have some more folks on our side helping to get those wheels turning.

I have a security system being installed tomorrow with cameras in the living room, kitchen, dining room, carport, and front yard. It also features a panic button which will trigger the system to directly call out to 911. (I'm borrowing the system from a friend's convenience store.) The hope is that "if" difficult child 2 does go off again, we'll have it on tape, we'll have easier access to call for help (via the panic button) and maybe difficult child 2 will think twice about letting "Fluffy" take charge, knowing that he's being caught on tape the whole time.

It would be so much easier if we could just get him admitted to an Residential Treatment Center (RTC), but since that's not going to happen overnight, these are the steps we're taking in the interim to make sure the kids and I are safe. Like the Cpt said, it's a small bandaid on a huge problem, but it's all we can do for now until the "powers that be" step in to help. difficult child 2 could be in YDC by the end of the week, or he might not...we don't know yet, so until we know something...this is the best we can do.

At least I'm not in jail. At least the other kids weren't forced to leave their own home. And at least we now have someone else on our side, willing to help make sure we're all safe. That's more than we had yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have even more.

Thanks guys, for all your support. I'll keep everyone posted as things progress.

And I'll go through the rest of my day, randomly giggling at the mental image of a pack of warrior moms storming the jail to bust me out. lol. :)

susiestar

Roll With It
'i am glad that someone finally looked at the whole set of complaints, rather than just walking away.

thank heavens for the judge, the police chief and captain, and for the friend with the convenience store. I hope you can get difficult child 2 to have a meltdown before the pwers that be move on with their attention. I don't want you to get hurt, but I also don't want your difficult child 2 to hurt anyone.

Know you have our prayers.

L

luvmyottb

Hex,

Glad to hear you aren't in jail and have the other kiddos at home. Thank goodness you had people to listen to you and get you some kind of support in place until difficult child is gone. The security system and camera are really needed to document your case and help protect you.

Thinking of you and keep strong. Call the police if you need to.Take care. Hugs and prayers.

Andy

O.K. Read Post #1 and then Post #29. You have done AWESOME!!! Go Warrior Mom Go!

I am so glad you have a plan in place - stay safe!

hexemaus2

Old hand
It's a small world, ya know that?

difficult child 3 and I stole a few minutes while difficult child 3 was crashed on the couch earlier.

I had called the p.o. back several times today, in response to the message he left me yesterday. He's been in training all day today, so I never got back with him to see what news/info he had.

Low and behold, guess who difficult child 3 and I run into at the convenience store just down the street? (We stopped to gas up on our way out) We're standing in line right behind Mr. B - the probation officer I've been calling all day. (Why did he leave a message to call today when he knew he was going to be in training all day today??)

When he turned and saw us, it was like catching one of my difficult children doing something they aren't supposed to. Definitely a deer in the headlights look. Like "OMG! I got bawled out because of her! Been avoiding talking to her! ****! How do I get away from her now?" lol.

I couldn't help but giggle. (I was so tempted to say something like "Beware, warrior moms are everywhere!" lol.)

Anyway, he did tell us that the reason he called was to let me know we have a court date for 9am Friday morning.

Woo-hoo!! The judge kept his word! He's definitely fast-tracking us!

(And from the deer in the headlights look I got from Mr. B? I think the judge must be on the war path. Either that, or my reputation as a difficult, demanding parent has preceeded me. lol.)

Yeah, let them see me and think "OMG! It's THAT woman." I couldn't give a rat's hind quarters what these people think of me. Somebody's going to do something to get this boy some help and keep my family safe.

Pretty bad that I've developed such a reputation though. I'm really not a mean person. Really. Although, after the last few years with difficult child 2, difficult child 3 has even told sales clerks and customer service reps (when I've had some kind of complaint, or needed to make a return, and got some ignorant, snotty, unfriendly person) that they really, really don't want to make his mom mad - she's like a rabid dog, he says. lol.

I can live with being "that woman." There are worse things I could be, I guess. lol.