Been long time since posting

missyk33

Its been a long time since I have been in here but right now I just need to vent.. My youngest daughter 14 has been hospitalized since last Thursday for depression. The dr. is supposed to call and get my permission to put her on medication. The only consent I gave for was tylenol, ibuprofen and otc medicines and he would call about the prescriptions. Friday evening I call to check on her. He still hadnt seen her but would that night. Saturday evening I call to talk to her and she tells me that Sat. morning he put her on Trileptal. I never received a call. I left a message with the nurse to have him call me. Sunday at visitation, the nurse tells me it is in her chart that I gave permission. Um no I never have spoken to him. Leave another message to call me. Monday the same thing I never hear. Tuesday I finally manage to talk to the therapist about this. He was left another message. Wed. morning I get fed up and call the patient advocate. SHe hands it over to the nursing supervisor who said it was charted so I gave consent. Im telling them I have not spoken to the dr. He finally talks to me this afternoon and bald face lies to me. Yes, he did talk to me. It was a very short conversation. He felt she needed trileptal, claritin and benadryl to sleep, I supposedly said okay and hung up. Um, Im talking to a dr about prescription medicine for my daughter and all Im going to say is okay? Seriously and I sounded asleep. He also told me with her behavior problem and attitude for authority she was going to need to be in there at least 2 weeks probably more since it takes a long time to overcome these behaviors. Problem is my child doesnt have a problem with authority. She is depressed. When I told him she doesnt have oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder or was psychotic she was depressed his attitude changed. He realized I knew a little something and just wasnt going to take it sitting down. I have talked to my mother, my husband and ex husband and we all agree. Tomorrow she will be coming home and I will figure something else out.

keista

I'm so very sorry you are going through this. It REALLY sounds as if they confused your daughter with someone else. I hope you told them NOT to dose her tonight or tomorrow morning (whenever they are giving it to her).

I hope you figure something out and things work out well for her.

Wow. That is really crazy. I know when my difficult child was in the hospital in august, the doctor went in and told him: "Your parents are losing hope for you". We could not believe that a doctor would say that, especially when we would NEVER give up hope. It's really scary. You're doing what you think is best for these kids, and then something like this happens. I would definitely bring her home too.

buddy

Wow, I am out of my mind crazy over this. It is just so awful. This guy needs a formal complaint and criminal complaint too. I worked with a psychologist in a school once and when asking about a shared child she said, no he doesn't have Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) (I was sure he did and wanted an additional evaluation) and she described him...wrong hair color, wrong height...I tried to tell her it was a different kid and once she comitted she wouldn't go back. Didn't matter what he looked like, she was RIGHT. Even if he made a mistake, if he would have said Ms. X, I made a mistake, I am so sorry and of course, now I know who you are. whatever, it still would not be ok, but maybe not be so enraging! Get her out of there. That nurse???? to say well if its in the chart, you know its true...HUH??? Yeah, mistakes are never made in hospitals.

HUGS and so sorry you experienced that. I hope she is ok. Depression is so hard to see a child go through. Love and hugs to her too.

missyk33

I cant get her til tomorrow. We have one car and my husband just went back to work tonight after vacation. I havent told them I was getting her tomorrow because I dont want them to take it out on her and that worries me that it could be possible especially if they think I am filing a complaint which I am planning on. After a few minutes I started playing nice. I was fuming mad when I got off the phone because he was changing everything up trying to make it seem like I did and if I hadnt been through 4 hospitalizations with my oldest daughter. I would have been naive about everything but Im not.

missyk33

She doesn't know a lot. I dont want her to worry about it. She would worry so much about it. Sunday when I talked to the nurse, I started getting mad and had to back down so I would ruin our visitation because she was saying I was lying about talking to him. I dont know who he supposedly talked to but it WAS NOT ME!!!!

buddy

Obviously, like you would forget that! Oh my, well I had a psychiatrist once who killed himself after talking to me about my depression, so I think some of them really do go into it because they are difficult child's themselves. He sounds like he could really hurt someone though.
Glad she doesn't know much, keep in touch, will say a prayer for your family. You sound like an amazing mom.

JJJ

Be prepared that the psychiatric hospital may either insist that you sign something stating that you are removing her "against medical advice" or that they may refuse to release her to you. Is there another local psychiatric hospital that you can transfer her to instead?

missyk33

He told me I had the ultimate say in having her discharged and that I could do that if I wanted to. It would be better if I got there and they told me they were going to discharge her instead of me doing it myself. Theres one about 20 min. away from it but its a sister hospital so I dont know about that one.

keista

Give them a call and see if you can get a chat with their Dr. It's the staff that makes or breaks a place. Maybe the sister hospital is better. Crossing fingers.

JJJ

Give them a call and see if you can get a chat with their Dr. It's the staff that makes or breaks a place. Maybe the sister hospital is better. Crossing fingers.

I agree, it is 100% the staff. Kanga was at a certain local psychiatric hospital 3 times, twice were good but the middle time was horrid, all due to the staff at that time.