Being who we are, even if FOO is different and doesn't like it

Copabanana

In Brazil, or Mexico, or...?
Well, this is an interesting question. I wonder if I was fleeing or chasing. I never thought about it this way
Do you open the briefcase, Copa?
No. In the dream I see the theft. I am omniscient in the dream. I am not aware that I ever took possession of the money or wanted to.
Your dreams are too scary for me.
How do you think I feel? I am the most passive person you might want to know. Maybe I will no longer have to be. I may all of my life been disarming myself.

Thank you.

COPA

Last edited:

Scent of Cedar *

Do you see the perpetrator's face, Copa? After she is destroyed?

I love this dream for you.

You are driving the car.

That is reclamation of power and intent.

Maybe it means you are claiming legitimacy of self by destroying the part of you that believes Mother had the right to do what she did.

Cedar

Copabanana

I saw the face. I even put a name to her. I met her once. There was part of the dream that did not seem important to tell, but will now tell a bit of it. There was a man about our age I worked with in 2 prisons, separated by about 5 years. A very weak man, but OK. The second prison was very fierce in all ways. The management of our department was sadistic. He was targeted. We were both new. I supported him to the extent I could. Actually he was not that nice to me, even mean. M was not impressed. He lived in the Big City to which I often refer and his wife stayed there. She would visit occasionally, by flight, as we were quite remote. M was with me, and the animals too. Once we met them for dinner. That was the only time I met the wife. We had fun. They drank like fishes.

While my Mom was sick, he called to tell me I should try to come back to work at that prison, to tell me he was well-ensconced now and to tell me some tragic gossip. I stopped him. I did not want to hear it. I had too much on my plate, I said.

The curious thing is this: about 4 months ago when I was thinking of returning to work, I called him on his cell. He was still, I thought, working at that prison. He answered, I recognized his voice immediately, *he is White South African. I said, Hi, it's COPA. He said: I don't know you and he hung up on me. I was so certain it was an error, I called back right away. Again, he answered and said the same thing: I don't know who you are, and hung up on me. At that time he had known me 8 years. My voice is distinctive.

It was his wife and him in the dream. They argued a lot. I think in the dream they had both absconded with the money. She took it and decided to go it alone. I think in the end, he ended up with the money. Strange, huh?
That is reclamation of power and intent.

Maybe it means you are claiming legitimacy of self by destroying the part of you that believes Mother had the right to do what she did.
I think this is so.

Thank you,

COPA

Last edited:

BusynMember

I feel pretty sure that I have been harboring anger against my mother for taking our money and for feeling it was her own. She always expressed that we had tried to take her money. I think I am finally trying to come to terms with the reality of my mother and how she was to me. And the feelings of extreme anger I have turned against myself.
Copa, you would not be human if this didn't bother you. And it is hard to face our families; what they are or were. You know you are not alone. We are all here with understanding, holding your hand. Hugs!!!! ((()))