Ben & Jerry....my new favorite men!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Since husband and I are leaving in the morning for the weekend, we made a run to the store to get food that difficult child could make himself without burning the house down. (You know....one of those trips for a few things but you wind up walking out $90 later) husband wound up getting some shorts and a couple of neat shirts (one was kind of Hawaiian but with Tikki guys all over it and the other....all I can say is that it reminds me of Key West. Button down with a design and some words on the pocket and again on the back.) We picked up a small gift for our friend's daughter's birthday....just ....stuff.

But....while we were in the food section I checked out a freezer full of pints of Ben & Jerry's. I'm sure I've had some of their ice cream before at some point but I'm not sure. I wound up getting myself a pint of the Karamel Sutra and O M G! I think I want to marry Ben and/or Jerry. This stuff is incredible!!! The container is half vanilla, half chocolate with almost a tube of caramel running straight down the middle of the container and there are chocolate chunks throughout the chocolate part. It's all I could do to pry my face out of the carton to post!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I ADORE Ben and Jerry!!!! My fave is the coffee toffee crunch. One year husband got me six different flavors of their ice cream for my birthday. It was AWESOME!!!

I haven't tried that flavor though.

Do you know they have a book with the recipes for many of their flavors out? It was printed quite a few years ago. It even has a recipe for BEER ice cream! I made it with Guinness for husband and he LOVED it!! (It works well with the cuisinart automatic ice cream maker!)

I will look for hte Karamel Sutra next time I go to the store.

Yum!

graceupongrace

mstang,

That sounds soooo good! I'm not a big dessert eater, but I love ice cream. Especially right out of the carton. It just tastes better that way. Kind of obnoxious, I know, but I figure that with all we've been through with our difficult children, we deserve a guilty pleasure now & then. :D

My rowing team rows in Burlington VT, where the Ben and Jerry's factory is located. We've been on the tour of the factory, one of our favorite reasons we go to VT is to enjoy the ice cream! There are Ben and Jerry's ice cream parlors all over the place. Yum! Double Fudge Brownie!

susiestar

Roll With It
The recipes for a number of these are in the cookbook. It costs a lot less than $4 per pint if you have one of the ice cream makers. (Any ice cream maker will do) I like the cuisinart one because it is fairly quiet, quick, and doesn't need ice or salt. It uses the bowl that you freeze.

The recipes do overfill a 1 quart ice cream maker, but it makes a nice drink too! (I sometimes put a spoonful of the unfrozen ice cream in coffee. YUM!

KTMom91

They have an Irish Cream that's to die for...don't remember it's actual name, but it has Bailey's in it.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I must say, I'm VERY impressed with difficult child. I told him that he was absolutely, positively NOT to touch the rest of my Karamel Sutra. If he did, I would whoop his hiney. I've said this before to him many, many times in regards to various different food/drink items. It almost neve works. husband and I left Saturday morning first thing and got back tonight (Sunday) around 8. I just remembered it and went to check.

IT WAS STILL THERE!!! :dance: