Best friend in jail...

KTMom91

My best friend of more than 30 years was arrested last night, and is being held with no bail, so I have no idea how long she'll be in. Lea has ADHD, self-medicates on occasion, dropped out of high school in the 10th grade, and has great difficulty keeping it together for more than a few months at a time. I don't have all the details, but apparently she did not fulfill the terms of her probation for an earlier offense. She's been afraid her hubby wanted to leave her, so I'm sure she's feeling very alone right now. All I can do is write to her and let her know she isn't forgotten and I still love her. Sometimes, though, during some of Miss KT's more spectacular meltdowns, I wonder if this will be her future as well. I hope not, because I've seen how unhappy Lea has been on so many occasions and for so many reasons.

everywoman

I know it must hurt to sit and watch your friend deteriorate for all these years and then to have a child follow the same path is heartbreaking. A big hug for all your concerns.