Best Gift Ever

slsh

member since 1999
So Diva had to write an essay about a person she admires. She picked me (!!) and I got a beautifully typed copy for Christmas - it was a total surprise. It's titled Mom, the Hero.

It's actually kind of embarrassing, LOL. Highlights:

"My mom is kind, strong, and hardworking."

Diva talks a lot about thank you and Ellen (Boo's twin) and how I helped her understand why things are the way they are.

How I comforted her and supported her in her first 3 years in school because she was "really sensitive then. In first grade, she started putting smiley faces on my hand. It didn't help, but she tried."

I'm "mentally strong" and a "good role model".

"My mom can stay focused on what she is doing. If you try to disturb her, she won't budge. She has to stay focused with the work she does."

"My mom handles the bills. She doesn't spend so much that she can't pay the bills. She always pays the bills to keep her family happy and safe."

"She says a lot of things to keep us from worrying."

It goes on and on.

So I'm sitting there reading this, teary eyed, so glad I'm not a total failure as a mom, and I get to the closing paragraph:

"I hope you think of my mom as an admirable person. Well, those are the reasons my mom is kind, strong, and hardworking. You learned why my mom is special. No I don't mean Special Education. I hope you enjoyed my essay. I also hope you thought she was a good person."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Special Education. OMG, she just cracks me up!!!

She then informed me that I need to keep this so that when she's a teenager and tells me she hates me, I can remember that she really doesn't. I'm thinking a wall-size poster will do! :)

My Diva - she is just a trip!:cheerleader::princess:

Andy

Oh for awesome! Ask her to put her request for you to keep it in writing. You can put her handwritten request to never believe she hates you on the back of the poster.

Yes, this is the best gift ever! More of our kids' words should be framed and displayed.

crazymama30

Oh, that is so sweet. What a great self esteem boost. Those can be needed with difficult child's in the mix.

By the way, I am so glad you are not Special Education. lol

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Sue, Diva obviously inherited your gift with written expression. I hope you frame it. What an incredible treasure!

Suz

susiestar

Roll With It
That is a great essay! What a beautiful gift, so insightful a sweet. And funny!

the idea to keep it so when she is a teenager.....a good idea but very funny.

You are a great mom and she is a smart young woman to realize it!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
She then informed me that I need to keep this so that when she's a teenager and tells me she hates me, I can remember that she really doesn't. I'm thinking a wall-size poster will do!

Wow. That's sort of prfound, ya know. :rofl:

What an awesome gift to get. It's always nice to know that even though we have to be the bad guy so much our kids realize that we're doing it all for them.

Tuck it away in a safe place. You're gonna need to look at it from time to time when she's a teen. lol ;)

Lothlorien

I'm blown away! I'm glad she sees what a special mom you are. Frame it and make copies. Pull it out when she's a teenager. You are going to need leverage.;)

Jena

Wow that made me tear up!! You have to save that, frame it save it def. I loved the "no not Special Education" how cute!! LOL

Tha'Tourette's Syndrome great. see they do see we just don't think they do. you must of been so touched.