Best IEP ever!

Californiablonde

We had difficult child's IEP yesterday and it was the most positive one I have ever had. Normally I dread her IEPs and a few times I have even left in tears. This time there was good news. Not only has difficult child's attendance improved vastly in the last five weeks, but she is doing well in her classes. Her teachers report that when she is there she is hard worker. One teacher even said she is his best student, and that she sets a great example for the whole class. This is tremendous news. I am so used to hearing how lazy difficult child is, how unmotivated she is, how awful her attendance is. This time they couldn't stop praising her. They did say she does need to work on her self esteem, which is still rather low despite her efforts. She is still receiving counseling with the school psychiatric who she absolutely loves. All in all she is doing tremendously at the new school. I can't believe I can say I am so proud of her. Go difficult child!!

C

Confused

Im so happy for her and you !!! Im glad it turned out well and they didn't put her down! :encouragement::D

Californiablonde

The school principal told me to keep doing whatever it is I'm doing cause it's working. I told her I'm not doing anything different. This time it's all difficult child. Something inside her just clicked. It gives me hope for the future. Maybe she can hold down a full time job and live independently. I feel good about it now.