Best insurance option for mental health coverage?

Natethegreat

I am looking into a full psychiatric evaluation for my 6 yr old son, as well as family counseling for all of us. My husband is self-employed and we have bluecross, but can change insurance pretty easily. Does anyone know the best company for covering the above mentioned??

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Nate--

Hello and welcome!

Sorry I don't have any recommendations for you....most of us have been stuck with whatever insurance our employer picks....

I just wanted to welcome you to the group!

Ktllc

We are self employed as well, but your options really depends on what state you live in.
If your gross income is below 200% of the poverty line (not the same amount $ depending on the States), your child could qualify for your State's health insurance. For example, where I live in NC: family of 5 is about $54,000/year. Everything would be covered and the copay ranges from $1 up to $5.
If state insurance is not an option, get some free quotes to see what is out there. You need a company that has an A rating. Do not settle for a B rating in order to save a couple dollars. Be aware of waiting period for treatment and any pre-existing condition policy.
Hopefully, more will come with more advise! Welcome!

crazymama30

I think it varies state by state. I would check with your insurance company, and then maybe check with a few others. I have a form of blue cross and I have great coverage, my mom has another form? And she is not covered so well.