Best psychiatrist Visit Ever!!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello everyone--

I know you have been following my posts about the revolving door to NON-services that we've been going through...and the useless psychiatrists who have categorized my daughter as simply "depressed" and suggested we be more lenient parents, (or stricter parents depending on the day).

We had requested to see a different psychiatrist....wiated for MONTHS to get an appointment....then that appointment was cancelled last week without explanation....we were put on the cancellation list...and finally, FINALLY got to see him today.

This man took the time to read difficult child's entire chart, every word! Even spent time cross-referencing different notes from different doctors. Asked a few brief questions to make sure he had all the information.

Then he asked whether difficult child had ever been tried on medication other than the Celexa. Nope. He asked, really? No one has ever tried a, b, c, d or suggested trying a, b, c, or d? Nope.

He scratched his head and finally said "Well, that's not right. There is clearly a LOT more than clinical depression going on here."

:D:D:D

FINALLY!! Somebody took the time to really review difficult child's case history.

psychiatrist has decided to add Abilify and also wants the whole family to start family therapy.

He also asked difficult child all the right questions to get around her lies AND called her on her baloney a couple of times. (As in, don't tell me you don't get homework at your age young lady...).

He was AWESOME!!!!

No wonder it's so hard to get an appointment!

I hope this is the beginning of the road out of the Twilight Zone...

--DaisyFace

TerryJ2

don't tell me you don't get homework at your age young lady...

I LOVE him!

Way To Go! Congratulations! I'm sending fairy dust and rattling beads and all of that good stuff, that HE stays healthy and focused, too, for all of you! What a wonderful beginning.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
DaisyFace, sounds a great deal like the tweedle's psychiatrist. He doesn't pull any punches, which is what many of our difficult children need.

So glad to hear that you finally have a psychiatrist who appears interested & involved in his patients.

Steely

:happyguy:
So happy for you guys!
Yes, good psychiatrists are out there - but they are rare!
Glad you landed one.

Star*

call 911........call 911
THIS IS WORTH
A BILLION
TRILLION
ZILLION
AMENS
& a VERY LOUD
WAHHHHH OOOOOO

DId you hear me in the WEST??
lol

I am so happy for you! WAY TO GO YOU TIRELESS WARRIOR MOM!
---you know, the one with the bald head and the worn out knees from all the kneemail. ;)