Betsy and Her "New" Forever Home

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You all know that I'm a firm believer that "everything happens for a reason". Well, I was truly sad over Betsy going home with Nichole yesterday. As someone said, it really did feel like one of my kids leaving the nest. That sadness didn't last very long.

Betsy has spent every day of her nearly 6 yrs of life in this house. Minus one day at the vet when she got fixed. Well, according to Nichole's updates, you'd never guess. She took to Nichole's apartment immediately. Didn't even make her nervous. We thought their might be an issue with barking at every little noise.........I mean going from a house in a small town with little commotion to a 2nd story apartment in a city is a rather big change. But she seemed to pick up with scent on who "belonged" in the building as opposed to who doesn't and barked only when strangers came near. So far she's done fine with Nichole's neighbors.....a little shy, but nothing like she's done here. She did fantastic on her walk, although she did eye the joggers like they were a tad off their nut. lol

With Aubrey and Oliver, well.......it's clear she's in doggie heaven. Aubrey can't get enough of her (I'm sure that suits Betsy just fine) and lil Oliver she let chase her around the house, yank on her fur in his excitement and just wagged her tail and grinned. (yes Betsy grins huge when she's happy just like her dad and Molly do) Aubrey begged to have Betsy sleep with her......and Betsy kept trying to sleep with her, but was torn because she also wanted to check on Oliver who was in the other room. Nichole told Aubrey to give her time to settle in and she'll probably get to sleep with her. Seems Betsy has fully stepped into the role Molly has taught her, to love and protect the children. I admit I'm more than a bit proud of her.

To hear Nichole talk, it's as if she just "belonged" there, and sort of just came home. Know what I mean??

Makes me smile big just to think about it.

This was meant to be. I have a strong feeling this morning that something that was just left "hanging" for so long was finally "completed". I know that may sound odd, but it's true.

And here is Miss Betsy, obviously thrilled to be with her very own people to love and protect.:bigsmile:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/...8223771_100003644026913_92565_571833587_o.jpg

Yes, she's sitting up. Betsy does this a LOT and for her it's not for begging per se (although she'll do it for food too) she also does it when she's happy. lol No one told her that basset's should never sit up and beg. I didn't train her to do this. Her mom always did it. (I didn't train her to either because it's really hard on a basset's back)

She was sitting up so that Oliver could reach her in his jumparoo. lmao

Tiapet

Old Hand
:) Ok so why am I sitting her with tears in my eyes? Sounds like all is well but somehow I feel a slight tinge of sadness for you too, though I know it's all good.