Beyond frustrated with difficult child and life...

I guess this is more of a vent than anything else. difficult child has been horrid lately. He smacked a grown man (stranger) when the man told him that gentlemen do not hit ladies. He's getting "in trouble" at school more (quoted because I have issues with this teacher and a lot of these incidents do not make a bit of sense). He tried to hit his ENT in the groin today. I'm dreading his pulmo appointment tomorrow. daughter wants to go to the school PARP/book fair event in an hour and I don't know if I'm up for it with DS/difficult child. I'd leave him home, but we no longer have a reliable home phone so he wouldn't be able to call me. If I speaker-phoned he'd probably hang up. He has a bad diaper rash so I'm sure that's not helping anything. The nicest thing he does lately is say he hates me without hitting.

We were supposed to move out of this darn cramped basement, but it never worked out. Now I have to reapply and wait again (I'll look at the upside of this; the waiting list would hopefully help us move this summer and not during the school year).

My PITA father has been demanding I drive him to/from the train station and never gives me more than 45 minutes notice so without fail, difficult child is a brat about. Understandably so as it is getting on my nerves, my father has 2 available vehicles and plenty of time to park at the train station. He never leaves or comes back at the same time, so it's not something I can plan in advance.

difficult child barely eats any lunch so is starving alllllllllll afternoon/evening, and is the pickiest eater known to man making snack/meal choices very limited.

daughter has been such a drama queen I'm going to go crazy listening to her.

I should be thankful that we have a place to live, but I have a hard time with that. The washing machine upstairs leaked ALL over my entertainment center and books. I'm not allowed to do laundry as needed. We do not have a safe place for difficult child to have a tantrum (a kid should be able to go in his room and scream if needed). The kids are not allowed to bathe/shower at decent times. I'm not allowed to do dishes at certain times (not being allowed to use hot wated is NOT scheduled. I could be in the middle of showering/dishes and the friggen phone will ring telling me I have to shut off the water). Evil step mother sees nothing wrong with walking like an elephant at 4:30am with friggen heels on hardwood floors while she gets dressed. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth... My father has woken me too many times to count now, past midnight because they left their key home. Since it's a fri or sat I shouldn't be mad. Well, my job of mother continues even on the weekends. My bathroom ceiling leaks. The kids' closet leaks. My bedroom leaks. My livingroom carpet is always damp by the front wall. The wall behind my ghetto looking bathroom vanity is exposed and smells. It's extremely cramped down here. No light.

Can I get a ticket to a better life now?

TerryJ2

Wow. It is SO hard dealing with-a child like that.
I would definitely find another place to live. Every place has its problems, but at least you won't have to deal with-family issues once you're on your own.
I can't recall ... where are you working?

I can't work...I've lost countless since difficult child ws 8 months old. It's nearly impossible to get your boss to believe that your 14 MONTH OLD baby was expelled from his first of many daycares. Now every time I get a job, someone gets sick. difficult child is on SSI.

TerryJ2

Ah.
Well, you could try part time, just for your sanity.
I know, if I worked FT, I would be fired.
Sigh.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So lemme get this straight: Your slumlord father thinks that because he is doing you a favor by letting you live in his dungeon that you are obligated to be at his beck and call 24/7??? Nice guy.

A women's shelter is sounding better and better...

Major hugs to you. That's a bad situation all the way around. Are there truly no other housing options for you? Even a stranger would treat you better than those "people" who live upstairs.

lettersville

I just wanted you to know that I have so been where you are. I looked back on it just now and laughed and at points wanted to cry form the memory of it all.
One good thing is you will know exactly what you need in the way of making your life better. Down side is where you are now it may feel like you will never get it.