bff's nephew shot himself

Star*

call 911........call 911
You just do not have to look far to know how few your troubles truly are. Prayers gone! Love and strength to you and yours.

Lothlorien

It was a suicide attempt. The kid is troubled. Parents split up when young. Dad went to jail a while back, but is out and has been very involved with his children. Mom is a bit of a nutjob. He's had drug problems and has battled depression. He's also gay, which I think he struggles with constantly. It's not so much of an issue with his family, except that he's on the permiscuous side and that does bother his family. I'm very close with her whole family, so this is really tough.

TerryJ2

What a sad combination of events, and clearly too much for a young person (or anyone, for that matter) to handle.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He's also gay, which I think he struggles with constantly.

I had a gay cousin who also struggled with drug problems and a less-than-supportive and secretly dysfunctional family, which I have no doubt contributed to the chaos in his life. The drug problem ended up taking his life, unfortunately. I truly hope this young man gets the mental health and addiction support he needs when he pulls out of the current crisis.

((((Hugs)))))