Big Bang Aspies?

TerryJ2

Steely

My FAVORITE show!!!!
It is freaking hilarious.
in my opinion each character has his own varying degree of AS, and then the poor girl who is just this clueless, sweetheart trying to help them all out, brings the whole show together.
Even difficult child laughs out loud when he watches this show.

TerryJ2

I know.
I haven't watched anything on TV for yrs except for Animal Planet and America's Funniest Home Videos, and only then when we're on vacation because we don't have cable. This is new for me, actually looking forward to watching something.
Woo hoo!
:)

Fran

Former desparate mom
When I watched the first show and saw all the super hero stickies on their lap tops I said "Aspie". My difficult child has all sorts of stickers on his laptop.
I wish my difficult child could function as well and had some of the neat, orderliness of Leonard.
It's definitely a show about kids like mine.
Leonard's social skills are hysterically funny and right on the mark.

everywoman

I love this show. I have taught many of these kids over the years. The writers are so adept at showing the characters in true light.

klmno

Thanks, Terry! difficult child had been asking about aspberger's (what is was, etc), and he saw the clip that you posted as a link. Now, I love it when people (even difficult child's) want to learn about various "disorders", for lack of better word. But, the greatest thing here- difficult child is always wanting me to sit down and spend more quality time with him- it's hard because I'm a single working mom and it feels like it's all I can do to get everything done that has to be done and find a little "mental health" time for myself. Anyway, difficult child gets slammed with homework on Mondays, and as with most difficult child's, getting homework done can be a challenge.

Soooo, I decided tonight that if difficult child has his homework, shower, etc completed (with maybe only one more thing left to do), by 8:00, we can sit down and watch this show together. Geez- I hope this works for more than just 1 week!

PS His beditime is 9:45, so he'll have a little time afterwards. And he's 13 1/2yo, but I figure after being in juvy, he can probably handle a tv-14 rated show. (It isn't that bad is it?)