Biopsy today

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I had the endometrial biopsy this morning. Piece of cake! I took 2 aleves and a xanax (.25 mg only) and all I felt was a slight pinch. No cramps, nothing else. The Dr said I was a perfect candidate for the in-office ablation. I am elated! It will take a week for the results to return, but we're not anticipaing anything bad, so after that it's just a matter of scheduling it ASAP. Yeah!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Forgive me for not remembering why you need this done... but you sound excited, so I'm happy for you! Hope the biopsy is all clear and the procedure goes without a hitch!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Forgive me for not remembering why you need this done... but you sound excited, so I'm happy for you! Hope the biopsy is all clear and the procedure goes without a hitch!

GVC, severe mentrual pain, extreme bleeding and bloating. Supposedly, the endometrial ablation will alleviate most if not all of those symptoms. I am VERY excited, needless to say. This procedure is only for those who are done making babies, which means me. Hee hee.

maril

JoG: I wish you continued good luck and a quick resolution. Your positive attitude is catchy! :D You are a good patient.

Star*

call 911........call 911
After this procedure Jo? You won't be just scraping by .:tongue:.......you'll be relieved.

Glad to hear you'll soon be out of pain.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I stupidly went on on line and did a search last night for "Endometrial biopsy" and the posts that some people left just made me shiver with fear, hence the double intake of Aleve and the xanax. Lol. Soooo relieved that I'm not the chicken---- I thought I'd turned into. I've always had a high tolerance for pain; now I know I still got it!

M

ML

I've had two of them. Once it was *that* bad and the second time it was a piece of cake. It must have a lot to do with the doctor who performs the procedure, or perhaps sometimes they "hit a nerve"? I'm just glad it went well and that you're scheduling the ablation. My mom had that done 20 years ago when the procedure was new and was even on the Good Morning show with one of the first docs who pioneered it. Good luck! ML

Jena

your so cute, i should of talked to you before i had mine done! LOL.

i took nothing. silly me :)

i'm so glad that it went well and smoothly and no cramping or anything else.

that's great. your still feeling good tonight I hope.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so glad this is getting resolved and you are on your way to feeling better.

Now I know to hit up my supply of Xanax any time I have to go for any thing bad...

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I hope the ablation does everything you are hoping for. At least you are not in danger of losing your toe curlers! Think of the money you'll save in paper products!

Oh! Please remind Star that using the word "scraping" by is uncalled for under these circumstances! LOL!

rejectedmom

I am so glad that you are a candidate for this process. I looked into it but it was not a suitable cure for me. I wish it had been because it is so much less traumatic that a hysterecotomy.

Don't forget to rest after the porcedure though. You will still have healing to do. ( sorry the nurturer in me comming out LOL) -RM