Birds Love Dinner Bells!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I have a cast iron dinner bell shaped like an old fashioned bell with an American flag mounted to a post on the front porch. It has a small rope dangling down to ring it.

So, yesterday I'm cleaning and I hear the bell. I'm like What the heck?? So I go look. Cuz with a cast iron bell it takes more than a breeze to ring it. I don't see anything. I go back to cleaning. A bit later it rings again. I ignore it. A while later it rings again, several times.

Now it's a bit breezy but no where windy enough to ring the bell. So I go look. I peek out the blinds on the front door. I see a female bird perched on the porch railing. A male is on the steps.

I think....No way. Are they playing with my bell?

So I wait.

I stand there for 10 mins peeking out the blinds looking like an idiot. Then all of a sudden they fly up grab the rope and ring the bell!:surprise:

:rofl: :rofl:

They were at it all afternoon. Everytime I had the camera in my hands they'd fly off.

2. klmno

klmno Active Member

How cute!! I hope you can get some photos or better yet, a mini-clip. That would be great!!

3. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

How cute. Hmmmm are they trying to get you to feed them?

beth

4. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

That's too funny! :D

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I dunno Beth. It's possible, I guess.

Usually our outside cat Willie's food dish is on the porch. But he hasn't come home regularly for a long time. So I don't fill it unless he meows at the door. Otherwise the crows and pigeons come and I'm scrubbing bird doo off my porch. (they really make a mess)

And I do know that all sorts of birds used to snatch his food if he wasn't quick about eating it. lol