Bit of a surprise this morning......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I stepped on the scales.

I don't do this very often as weight is just not something I choose to be an issue. However, I've been steadily losing weight for the past 2 yrs. I've decreased nearly 4 clothing sizes in jeans alone.

I weighed 120 lbs this morning. I lost 5 lbs somewhere in the past 4-6 wks or so.

I'm not going hungry, although I admit my portion sizes are much smaller than they used to be. I eat what I want to eat. I'm not trying to lose weight.......haven't been at all. In fact 2 days ago I went a little bonkers with a bag of carmels. lol

My activity level overall has greatly increased, granted. But over the past above time frame it has leveled off and actually is not quite as active as I'd been, especially at work because I mainly slug now and that means I basically stand in one place for 10 hrs. So I was a bit surprised over this last 5 lbs.

I'd only stepped on the scale because I noticed yet again last night at work having an issue keeping my pants up. Annoying as last night I was actually working the packing side of the line so it was indeed an issue.

I've not seen 120 lbs since........well, heck I'm not sure when. Certainly before Nichole was born, perhaps even before Travis was born as that pregnancy did a number on me weight wise I went all the way up to 180 lbs. Prior to Nichole being born I stayed around 125. When she was in pre-school I started gaining as my activity levels weren't so high with all the kids being in school........and later down the road really gained while I was in school and activity level super dropped. So I'm thinking last time I got down this far was probably when easy child was a baby at best.

I'm short, under 5 ft tall, but I'm also large boned and carry weight well. If I attempt to meet my supposed BMI I look like I'm dying. I know because 2 yrs in and out of hospitals with the kidneys got me down that far in weight and instead of looking good I looked as if I were going to drop dead any moment. It was awful. 110-100 lbs is my supposed optimum weight. At 115 I am scrawny looking, no joke.

I'm not bragging, although at this point I don't see the weight loss at a "bad thing", I'm just puzzled. I'd been assuming it was the increased physical activity.......but after this last 5 lbs which obviously wasn't......I dunno.

I'm not sick in the least. Energy level is fine. Appetite is fine. I have noticed that water retention, while I still have it ocassionally, is not as much an issue as it was before. (good side effect I guess) No symptoms out of the ordinary.

So it doesn't appear to be illness related in any sense. Maybe I kick started my metabolism???

But once again I'm on the hunt for new clothes. Thank goodness for thrift stores. I know I'm going into a size I haven't worn since before having children at all.........what I wore when Fred and I married. Never dreamed I'd ever see it again as back then I was "trying" to stick to that size.

I now weigh less than all of my girls.......and Nichole is not overweight as she has the same body structure as I do.

I guess as long as I have no symptoms of being sick I won't worry about it yet........if that changes or it continues......I may have to go be checked to see what is up with it.

Californiablonde

I don't have any advice but I am soooooo jealous! 120 is what I used to weigh before I gained all this Remeron weight. Now I'll settle for 125 but it seems like it's taking me forever to get there.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hmmm...

Could be due to the smaller food portions and more active lifestyle. Even if you are standing, you have to be burning calories while you are working!

If not, could be your thyroid is a little over-active, but either way - the weight loss does not sound alarming to me.

Enjoy it!!!

InsaneCdn

If I ever get to 120 I'll be on the medical radar for eating disorders... :D

Seriously? Assume a major kick-start to your metabolic rate. You are adding muscle... and muscle burns more calories than fat does, just by "existing". You will have changed your breathing patterns (it's something we don't think about). You have changed your eating habits.

Plus... you are working NIGHT shift, right? It's been studied over and over again that this (losing weight) is one of the side effects of working the wrong side of the clock.

Bring some snacks with you, listen to your body, eat when you're hungry. It sounds like you're at a healthy weight. Be aware so you don't lose too much. But honestly, good for you!

BusynMember

I'm short too and down to 119. I want to get to 115. I wish I could just step on the scale and lose weight, but I've been eating less and doing a whopping kick **** workout almost every day...lol. Good for you!