Bittersweet Day

flutterby

Fly away!
Today was graduation day. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Brilliant, sunny skies, cool breeze, not too hot.

It was so heartwarming to cheer on all of the kids that I have known for so many years. B, who got a full ride to OSU. Ashlee, easy child's former girlfriend, graduated National Honor Society with a 3.97 GPA. A, who struggled to graduate this year. And so many names that I recognized even if I couldn't put faces to.

But there was this hurt in my heart when they asked the parents of the 2009 graduates to stand and be noticed, because I couldn't stand. There was a hurt in my heart to not hear easy child's name or see him walk to receive his diploma. There was a hurt in my heart to see all of these kids who I have watched grow up move on to another phase in their life that my son won't be moving onto come fall. There was a hurt in my heart that he wasn't even there to celebrate for his friends.

easy child is so lost. He is so confused. He doesn't know which way is up. He feels like a loser and he thinks his friends think he's a loser even though the evidence indicates otherwise.

A wide range of emotions today.

goldenguru

I'm sorry Heather. Your post was actually painful to read.

I hope the hurt in your heart lets up a little. Sending a (((hug))). Hope it helps.

everywoman

I'm so sorry Heather that he has made choices that have interrupted his path. Hopefully, he will soon make plans to get back on track.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather, I'm so sorry for your broken Mommy heart.

I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but easy child will get it figured out and find his way again. Nor will it take long for him to realize his friends could care less that he didn't graduate. (well, I'm sure they do, but you know what I mean)

That had to be terribly hard for you to sit thru even though you were celebrating Ashley's accomplishment. Give her congrats and a huge well done from me by the way.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Im sorry for your pain too. Im sorry for Devons pain also. I remember the day they told me back in HS that they werent going to accept my junior english credit even though I was in senior english and PASSING so I couldnt graduate with my class. Being the difficult child I was, it made me furious so I completely quit trying though I did continue going to school and passed all my classes and took my GED the week after the others graduated. I refused to go back the HS the next year.

The community college accepted my GED just fine. Actually...I got accepted into a 4 year before that but I got pregnant with Billy and dropped out and then went back to college after I had Jamie so the GED really isnt the end of the world.

Devon will probably figure this out if you give him time.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather,
I'm sorry for all of your pain. Praying easy child is able to get back on track, I'm sorry he is feeling so lost. Gentle hugs to you both.