Black Cloud

JKF

I feel like I have a big black cloud over my head lately. On top of difficult child's constant drama and our car breaking down in VA on the way home from vacation, easy child has possibly broken his big toe! I got a call at work before from the camp director to come pick him up bc he fell during water day (while wearing flip flops) and hurt his toe. Omg it's so gross! He somehow ripped the nail off and bent the toe backwards. It's bleeding but not swollen and it's only black and blue at the bottom of the nail bed so I'm not sure it's broken. I called his GP and she suggested bringing him home, elevating and icing for a while. If it gets worse we'll go to the ER.

I really need some good vibes from everyone if possible. I feel like it's one thing after the next lately and I'm so done!!

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:
Well, at least a big old cloud is shade from the summer sun!

As long as easy child's toe isn't swollen, bandage it and tape it to the next toe... That is all they will do at the ER anyway. It'll hurt, but better than nothing!

JKF

Hahaha Step! Very true about shade from the sun! I never looked at it from that perspective! Lol

It's definitely not swelling up so that's a good sign. Also the bleeding has stopped. It IS very black and blue at the bottom of the nail bed and it hurts him a little to walk but I think we can avoid an ER trip. He's resting comfortably on the couch and playing MineCraft on his tablet instead of pulling weeds with me in the front garden so no complaints on his part! lol

JKF

The toe is bruised and a little sore. It's obviously not broken thank god. I let him stay home from camp today but tomorrow he'll have to suck it up and go. I'm sure it hurts and I do sympathize but easy child has a way of dragging these things out a bit if i let him lol.