Black Friday

Andy

I can't believe I looked. I get so overwhelmed with the fast pace of Black Friday. I don't understand how I can be one of the 1st in the store and still have an hour wait to check out? Really brings out my anxiety!

Last time I participated, I did enjoy my wait in line time. I was surrounded by people who were team shopping (one stays with cart in line while the other shops) and they were having so much fun. I want a shopping partner! We joked about me going to get coffee/hot cocoa and a muffin if they kept my spot in line. I think some coffee store could make big bucks if they were allowed to solicite those in line and deliver.

I can't handle much of the rudeness of pushing and shoving and actual running involved in some places. Just not worth it! That behavior just feeds into my anger. So, I need to leave and find the place where people are actually having fun shopping and are polite.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I have often thought that someone could make a small fortune if they had a snack cart that would walk by the cashier line...... can't believe the stores that have snack bars wouldn't do this or maybe even offer a select number of items at a "Black Friday" price, coffee, sodas, wrap sandwiches...... bet the customers would be much happier waiting in line.......

Kjs...... waaaaa daaa yaaa meannnnnnn, yore done???????? ( I haven't even started)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow, that's great - good for you! I don't think I've ever been that organized. Usually I have the bulk of my shopping done by Thanksgiving or shortly thereafter, but wrap it all up by a few days before Christmas after I get my bonus. I don't know if we're getting bonuses this year. Each year they seem to get smaller. And H doesn't have much work lined up for winter, so we're feeling a bit apprehensive about shopping for holiday things we don't need. I think we're going to focus more on family and traditions.

I don't even think we're doing presents this year I don't think. Well, I mean, I will get each daughter something - they have wishlists on Amazon. And I usually get them pjs (it's a tradition) and bath stuff. But I have a very small budget. And I don't think H and I are exchanging anything this year. At least I don't want anything and if I do, I can get it myself (I want a full length wool coat and some clinique products). He is so difficult to shop for and no matter what we get him, he isn't every happy with it. So I give up.

For friends and family, I am making some homemade things. I am making some canned items such as escabeche and cranberry orange chutney, as well as some sachets and soaps for my nieces. I will get my nephew something. Those are the only local family we have around. Others who live far away will get a card from a local charity we contribute to in their names. I think we're all reaching the age where we don't need things anymore and practical gifts are better appreciated.

KTMom91

I love going out bright and early on Black Friday. Must be a holdover (my mother says it's a defect) from being raised with a father in retail, and then my ten years in management. I love watching the people...they're hilarious! They fight, they fuss, they argue, and I've seen people come to blows in the Target electronics department! The Mervyn's crowd was fairly civilized at 4am last year, but since they've just declared bankruptcy, it may be different this year. I usually get to Target about 5:55 am to watch the thundering herd crash through the doors, then I follow them and laugh.

And I'm almost done shopping, too.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I think this year I am just going to do gift cards - Everyone has everything they need or want. Some clothes for the grands, and a toy each. Eldest's apartment is absurd - you literally WADE thru toys.

Every year I go overboard and I just can't afford to do it this year so am giving Black Friday a pass.

Marcie

SRL

If anyone is after Nintendo DS or Wii units, buy ASAP because they're hard to come by during the holidays.

Abbey

Spork Queen
We haven't exchanged gifts for years. We had an Angel Tree that we'd pick a good dozen or so names from and give to them. Don't know if I'm going to be able to do that this year.:(

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Just the word "Black Friday" makes me Anxious... LOL
I have never seen it done it or gone near it.

My heart is racing just typing this. You all are very brave!
I shop online. Or early. I need a Xanax now!!! LOL