Black Friday

K

Kjs

Has anyone ever done this...

Someone just showed me the "Black Friday Ads"

http://www.bfads.net

They told me that if you go puchase the item now and return to the store during the sale time..you only have to produce your sales receipt and get the discount.
This way you don't have to mess with getting there early enough to try to get the item, you already have it.

Not all stores have their ads out there but many do. I found what I want to get husband. Now just have to verify with store if I purchase item and it goes on sale if I get the discount.

susiestar

Roll With It
I scope several sites with ads out. Sometimes, If there is something we really need, we stay at my inlaws and go out on boyfriend. Usually most of the stores are WAY to far away to drive to on the day.

This year, I think I will be happy if I am able to EAT on Thanksgiving, much less anything else.

IF you like hte deals, and online shopping, many of hte deals can be had online on boyfriend.

Susie

babybear

I tried it for the first time last year.

Found 2 of the 5 things I went for while watching how fast the line was moving. I figured a minimum of 2 hours, decided the back spasms and bladder holding were not worth the money saved and left.

I think it might be fun if you went with someone, but I will never go by myself again.

F

flutterbee

I went out on Black Friday once. I had in mind a certain wrap skirt I wanted to buy. I spent all day and dozens of stores in that crowd and bought nothing. LOL

I have no desire to do it again. You can hardly look at anything there are so many people out.

You know what...I take that back. I went shopping on Black Friday twice. I must have suffered from temporary insanity or something.

K

Kjs

I was just wondering if I bought an item now (that I see i the ad's alrady) If I can go to the store with the receipt the day of the sale and get a refund to the sale price?

Then I would go purchase it now. Go back on Black Friday only with receipt for discount.
I know many stores honor that policy if it goes on sale within so many days of the sale they give you sale price with-receipt.
Do they honor that policy on That day??

TerryJ2

I don't want or need anything badly enough to buy and return something that way, much less consider shopping on Black Friday. I flat out refuse. I'll sit home and eat beans out of a can and send IOUs for Christmas!

meowbunny

Okay, I'm strange, I admit it. I loathe shopping but I love Black Friday. Go figure! Yup, I'm actually one of those nuts who will sit out all night if Circuit City has a good deal on something I really want to buy as a gift. Heck, I even like running from store to store to get the freebies. It's become a tradition at our house -- I stand in line, daughter meets me in the morning with some hot chocolate and a donut or two or three. We get a sugar rush, we bounce from store to store, being careful to not see each other's purchases. So, I plead guilty to being nuts.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OH now where is everyone's sense of adventure. I am not a huge shopper but that day I am up and out standing in line with my lists at the various stores all geared up. Love, love, love it. Some of the best things I have gotten on that day. Woo hoo.

I know I am strange but there is just something about it that gets me in the mood. Or maybe I just thrive on chaos.

beth

Stella Johnson

My sister and I go out on Black Friday. We get up about 4:30am, get dressed, then head to Starbucks. We map out where we are going before we take off. Then we aren't wondering aimlessly through the mall. We usually only hit 3 or 4 stores with the best sales on things we want. Home by noon with fast food for lunch. :faint: Then it's back to bed for a loooong nap.

Last year we didn't go but most of the stores had the same deals on their websites. Most had free shipping as well so it wasn't worth it to go out in the crowds. The internet is my friend. :dance:

steph

TerryJ2

You all have way more stamina than I do. People like you make the world go 'round. At least, the retail world. :hammer:

K

Kjs

When you are going to purchase a gift and it is 50% off that day, I'll take the lines!! It is either that or the gift doesn't get purchased. :thumbsdown: Cannot afford to pay full price and difficult child, easy child and husband would end up getting next to nothing.
The kids usually get one bigger gift (not too big) and a few small ones. (cheap ones). :elf: husband and I haven't been able to exchange gifts in quite a while. HOWEVER, THIS year my company is giving a BONUS. :smile: I never worked anywhere that did that. husband is getting a gift this year. :santa:

I WORK midnight to noon Thanksgiving and Black Friday and Saturday. :nonono: SO, being able to view the ad's early on that website, and the possibility of purchasing early and just going back on those days to get a discount would be worth it.

If I didn't work, I'Learning Disability (LD) be in line. :cold: :elf:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child talked me into doing Black Friday twice.

First time I got some awesome deals. I got my video camera and camcorder at a major steal. But husband stood in line for 2 1/2 hrs to get them.

Actually, we made it a family event. Everyone knew what they were after before they went. We all got together, made lists, (no one got to know their own presents), and did it as a team thing. husband did electronics with sister in law, Travis did video games and the movie section, easy child and I took toys and housewares, Nichole took clothing.

It let us stand in line in several areas of the store at once and get everything on the list. Those people were INSANE! I've never seen people act like that. :surprise:

Second time easy child wanted to try the Outlet Mall. BAD IDEA. Fire marshals were stationed outside of stores to keep the number of customers down. Lines stretched for half blocks in FRONT of stores. Inside the stores you couldn't get to the merchandise thru all the customers. We finally gave up and just went home.

No more Black Friday for me.

susiestar

Roll With It
I remember one year when Jess was about 2 and we did boyfriend. NOO WAY could we have afforded gifts, and in fact we needed a computer thingy (can't remember what) so that husband could do some moonlighting work. Could NOT afford it, or gifts with-o real big sales.

So we bundled the kids up, I had difficult child, husband had Jess, and we stood at Best Buy for about 4 hours before they opened. We had chairs, pillows, blankets, coffee, hot cocoa for hte kids, and other stuff to amuse them.

We had a blast, ended up getting most of the line playing charades or singing along with us. It was really fun.

When we got inside through the lines, I went to get the puter thingy and a lady was back there (NOT an employee). She was holding the last one.

She said "Oh, good, you made it badk. I heard you say you really needed this, so I came back and got it for you."

I was so totally FLOORED. NO ONE in the city we lived in was usually that nice, let alone after hours in line. I almost cried!!

They also had a lot of free stuff, and it made a nice holiday.

Other years were more difficult.

Our nephew on husband's side worked at a walmart for years (from high school on - has really gotten great opportunities). His first year he was chosen for the "clean-out crew". The store shut down for a couple of hours to gear up for boyfriend. He and a few buddies got to go around and search the store for people hiding inside to get a jump on the deals.

People hid in bathrooms, dressing rooms, inside clothing racks, one climbed on top of some big shelves above the toilet paper aisle, all sorts of crazy stuff. They were offered hundreds of $$ in bribes to let people stay.

Being a TOTAL AND COMPLETE easy child nephew took no bribes adn got people out of the store, usually laughing and not upset to be caught and tossed out!! He is such a great guy.

Anyway,

I love/hate boyfriend.

Susie

goldenguru

My daughter works at Target. She has worked the last couple of Black Fridays.

She says it is a hoot to watch the 'crazy women' go through the store like they are hunting for the deal of a lifetime. She loves to tell of the drama - the arguments - the characters who have been in line since midnight. It makes for entertaining stories I tell ya.

I have never done this. I will never do this. I hate to shop on the calmest of days - let alone on the busiest day of the calender year. Good grief.

No thanks. I'll stay home and shop on line. Let it be delivered to my home free of charge thank you. All from the comfort of my computer chair. And I'll munch on leftover turkey and pumpkin pie.

But for those of you who enjoy the frantic pace - more power to ya!!

trinityroyal

This may be a really silly question, but...what is Black Friday?
(Maybe we don't have one of those up here, but I've never heard of it)

Thanks,
Trinity

nvts

Ok, I'll admit it! My BFF Alcy and I used to go when we were younger (she wouldn't take me for years because she said I was a novice!).

I started taking 3 of my sisters and we would go for the early birds, laugh at everyone "rushing around", finish by 10:00 am, go to breakfast and be away from all of our kids for the morning.

If you don't take it seriously, you can have a lot of fun!

No shots at the men on the forum, but they should stay far far away! It's not for the faint of heart!!!

:sled:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I've done it, never will again. OMG - the people are CrAzy :hammer: & ScArY :scared:!!

We slept over my brother's house and apparently, he and sister in law do it every year - and then their holiday shopping is finished! Imagine. I went with them this one year to Target and it boggled my mind! The women were fighting over clothing, toys, even socks. :rolleyes:

I try to buy as much on line as I possibly can. It saves gas, time and energy.

busywend

I do it every year! It is major fun for me and my BFF. We have a sleep over, get up and out around 4am. Then stand in line where we think we are getting our best deal. We have lists and always meet some great people.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/money.gifmoney/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/money.gif Talk about the savings!! :faint:

We so love watching the people though! That is the best part. Seriously, you do have to be careful!

:its_all_good: