Blasted by Social Service Agency Director

helpme

I am also in IL. CHASI is the organization that assisted in temporary placement for my 16 yo easy child.
I was also treated in the same manner. I chose not to battle. I did learn that CHASI has no
legal authority to make/force any placement. I also learned that CHASI reacted entirely
differently when I informed them that they might be subpoenaed by the court as "experts"
(yea, reverse psychiatric onto THEM). They wanted no participation and no liability.
It was a major "Aha" moment.

Daisyface, great advice, as usual, wish I would have known about it before it got "too late".
Marguerite also had wonderful advice, about choosing your battles and the value of the
battle overall. Personally, I chose to let the 16 yo end up wherever she liked, I just didn't
have the strength for any more battles.

I did find myself in the defending myself against an Order of Protection from the same
child only a few months after CHASI assisted in the temporary placement. True to the
situation, they did not want to be involved in any manner. They did provide me with
copies of the paperwork that both the child and I had signed which we both signed
and agreed that there was no domestic violence by either of us. They chose to provide
the copies rather than making appearances in court of course.

I won my case as the defendant, the judge (also holding the divorce family case) did
not make any decision or court order as to the child's placement, and I remained
holding custody. DCFS did not enter the situation in any manner. LOL, I think EX was
worried about DCFS evaluating him and explaining how he was supporting two minor
children in the same household with an order of protection between them. He wouldn't
have dared to have DCFS enter the picture. personally, I could have cared less if they did,
because I knew I had nothing to hide.

To the child's credit, I am unaware of any illegal activities, and she is working a full
time and a part time job. She is also still using CHASI's support in assisting with attending
college in the fall. I was aware of this possibility as they were announcing I was the
worst mother ever to my face in front of my daughter.
I chose to skip the battle and practice detaching.

Kudos to this site, for providing a plethora of knowledge. I sometimes wonder if anyone
has considered a "state by state sub forum" to assist everyone with the state and local
county agencies services.