bless you Ohioans...she is heading your way!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
DDD - I'm not arguing your point, but I do want to throw this on the table.

difficult child 1 has several half-siblings. Two of them were conceived while their mother was in jail. She was caught having sex with two different men, but one of them ended up belonging to yet another man. I know once was in a utility closet, but that's all I know. THat's all I want to know....

Nancy

None of the attorneys I know (and I know quite a lot) have had sex with their clients (that I know of anyway lol). Doesn't mean it doesn't happen but I'm so glad the ones we associate with have better morals.

For me the interest in this case was because the family seemed so much like ours. I have identified with their struggles and their actions. The daughter was out of control and the parents tried for years to get help and get control and in the process probably made some bad decisions and may have made matters worse, but they did not create the problem and they were in over their head with her behavior. The acted just like I can see myself acting, their difficult child acted just like my difficult child has acted, we could have been their family. They tried to make their daughter take responsibility for her actions, they didn't cover up, until it got so bad and her life was on the line and they were forced to make an impossible decision. It is a tragedy, a true american family tragedy.

All of that combined with some pretty offensive leagl maneuverings in my humble opinion and she still doesn't have to take responsibility for her actions. I'm coming to terms with why she was acquitted, but I am still very much upset that it is another example of how some people just don't have the consequences they should, the unfairness of it all. Most people can't afford to hire a defense team the size we have seen here, or jury consultants to help insure a victory by manipulation.

I know I said this before but this time I mean it. I am ready to move on, not put any more energy into being upset about this. I will not buy one thing that comes out of this trial and I hope the general public boycotts any company who tries to profit from it. She can hook up with whomever she wants and they would deserve each other.

Nancy

klmno

Well, I'm getting there...gradually. LOL!

I don't think the majority of attnys or clients (just like with tdocs) would have a fling with each other, but I do know it happens on occasion. I'm nnot even sure it's considered unethical when it's an attny involved if the case is over. (I just don't know either way.)

Casey might not be getting as rich as she thought. I just heard that the million dollar offer fell thru because it required her taking a lie detector test and she and/or Baez refused to go along with that.

DammitJanet

Casey and a lie detector! Hmmm. Now Im not so sure she wouldnt have passed it to be honest because people who are sociopaths dont have that guilt factor that would cause their body to change for the machine to pick it up.

I would fail a lie detector completely if anything happened to anyone I know. What is my name...sob...Janet...fail. I would fail my name simply because I wouldnt be able to figure out which name I was supposed to know...my maiden name, full name, gosh...I would be so darned confused!

Then we would get into if I was responsible...oh my word! I would feel responsible simply because I have been told my entire life that I was responsible for everything bad that happened in the world. So of course I am responsible!

klmno

I guess Baez didn't want to take the chance. Interesting, huh? He's calling every media outlet trying to sell her photos but won't let her (or is against her) taking a lie detector test, even at this point.

Completely Occupational Therapist (OT)- I really hope Betty White goes to the MC Ball with this Marine! That would be a blast!

DammitJanet

I love these Marines asking these celebs! Adorable...lol. And trust me, the celebs are darned lucky to be going. There is nothing like going to a Marine Corps Ball. The one who is going to the one in Difficult Child is really going to have a blast!

klmno

I went to one in Quantico once. If celebs had been going with Marines at that point in time, I'm sure I'd never been asked. LOL! Yeah, I think it's great, too. Isn't there a male celeb going with a female Marine? And he was very gracious about it and sounds flattered.

I'd be asking my 'ole fave- Neil Diamond.

donna723

You know, I'm getting the feeling that Casey and Baez are probably both looking at the other as their meal ticket! He's thinking he's going to get rich by acting as sort of a booking agent for her when the offers start rolling in, and she will be content to sponge off of him as long as she can, just like she did with her parents. And now that she's out, he's kind of stuck with her! And if he can't make money off of her, what's he going to do with her? He can't just dump her off on the side of the road (although personally, I think he should drop her off right in the middle of downtown Orlando!) He couldn't have made that much money off of that trial since there was a whole team of lawyers and the State was paying them for defending her and he has a reputation for not exactly being good with money. So if those big bucks don't start rolling in, where is he going to get the money to provide security for her and set her up in a new life somewhere else? Actually, when you think about it, they sort of deserve each other!

H

HaoZi

Radio today was talking about CA moving to Ohio as well. Not sure if their information is better than ours or if it's another red herring.
Totally agree they deserve each other. Wonder how long he can sleep with both eyes open - one to watch for people gunning for her, the other to protect himself from her.

klmno

Donna, I think a lot of people (myself included) are starting to mull over thoughts like that. It's over, but we'll here tidbits here and there. Ultimately, he'll figure out that she's costing him more in money, time, reputation, and emotionally, than she's worth, I believe. But right now, those goo-goo eyes are there over the fantasy that they'll be rich and famous and can do whatever they want. That is an aphrodisiac for many.

HLN is reporting that their sources say the plane took her to Arizona, the plane stopped there then went on to SF, CA, but the pilot said she wasn't on the plane when he stopped in CA. LA could be where she's going (or gone)- it's not that big of a deal to rent a car in Arizona and drive to LA. I just can't see her going there unless she was taking up the offer for a facial change. Somehow, I can't see Casey going for that. I wouldn't be shocked either, tho, if they end up right back in Fl at some point. Or Mexico.

H

HaoZi

I went to one in Quantico once. If celebs had been going with Marines at that point in time, I'm sure I'd never been asked. LOL! Yeah, I think it's great, too. Isn't there a male celeb going with a female Marine? And he was very gracious about it and sounds flattered.

I'd be asking my 'ole fave- Neil Diamond.

Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake have both accepted. Betty White recently was asked as well, no answer yet.

klmno

Also, I heard many Floridians are planning to make a "real" memorial in the brushy area where Caylee was found. I think that is a wonderful idea and maybe it could offer some comfort to the Anthony family. I guess that "walk for Caylee" this weekend included going by the Anthony home, praying, then walking back to the site. I hope Cindy and George are able to feel a little support thru all this.

DammitJanet

Tony and I went to Quantico with Jamie and his first wife before they divorced for the ball...it was so amazing. He looked so handsome in his dress blues and I had lost so much weight that I actually looked fairly decent at that time. We had a blast.

I also heard about the AZ thing. Who knows. They may just be sending private planes all over as decoys. I think they will eventually surface and try to tell story but no one will believe it so that is part of the problem with trying to sell her story...she isnt believable.

donna723

She sees herself as some big celebrity now so I wonder if she will go along with getting a new face and fading into the background. She obviously loves all the attention she's been getting. And what's the point of getting surgery to alter her face if they're trying to book her on the talk show circuit?

They'll have a baby and make some money off the photos!!! I can't stop myself from replying. I think it's so cool that celebritys are going to that dance!

H

HaoZi

Am I the only one that thinks the photo taken of her with that big grin in the SUV makes her look like a cartoonish demon?