Board jinx...

DammitJanet

OMG...hey Marla...was just thinking about you the other day! Congrats!

More amazing news on the Cory front.

He has all but two fairly small holes patched, power on...and he is sleeping over there tonite! He still has no fridge or stove but he does have an old beat up couch and chair that "someone was gonna toss out...can you believe that MOM?" LOL.

Oh...and they got some cheap carpet too put down.

Almost there...almost there.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
This is a great thead! It made my me smile so big that I had to strip off my clothes and do the NEKKID CHICKEN *LOVER* DANCE also!!!:tongue::jumphappy:

I have good news and I am thinking GOOD JUJU as well... while he is not my difficult child! My little brother actually went to a psychiatrist Friday... he is feeling better. He is 33 and mentally ill(he admitted he wanted to hurt his 3 month old)
I am so hopeful that he is going to keep seeking help and do the right thing!

I am so happy for everyone right now...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:bravo::cutie_pie::dance::cheerleader:

Ladies, I do believe we're on a roll here. :D

Hey Marla! Congrats on the BA! So nice to see you doing so well. I'm sure you're parents are very proud, and you should be too. :D

Woot! Woot! For Cory! May he work too darn hard scratching out a living to get into any more trouble. :D

Toto great news about your brother. I was wondering how he was doing. He is in my prayers.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Awww, I had to admit I got tears in my eyes reading this thread tonight.

MARLA! It's so nice to see you. What wonderful news! I'm kicking up my heels even higher in the dance squad for you. You go, girl!

Janet, of course having power counts. On this thread, ANYTHING positive counts! :rofl: Heck, if Cory smiled today, that counts! :D

Totoro, welcome to the dance squad ( :bag: ). And good for your brother!!!!! WAHOOO!!!

Suz

KTMom91

Got Miss KT's progress report...3 A's, 1 B, and 1 C. She's actually been putting in job applications, and seems to be looking towards a future after high school.

busywend

OK - I almost fainted to hear this but used my warrior mom skills to not react too much in front of difficult child.

She told me this morning her and a friend are trying for a scholarship this year and they need B averages. So she is putting in major effort at school. She also claims to have signed up for the yearbook & key club. After school activities????? OMG!
She let me hug her yesterday!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I dont know if this counts - but......

Dude negotiated with a friend traded out work & got himself a cell phone so he call call his caseworker, and attorney. I thought someone gave him credit - not the case.

He negotiated with his probation officer today to do community service (extra) in lieu of the money he does not have as he has no job. He also got his probation officer to call the solicitor in the pending case to talk to him and tell this man that (this kid) IS REALLY TRYING and as an officer of the court - just WHAT the heck is going on - as he has ALSO had the other kid who made this whole story up about DUDE as a probationary person in his younger days - and he IS a liar....and slacker...Fingers crossed that this man can make this solicitor see what the rest of us AND HIS LAMEO PD can't.

Dude also called to tell me he's not going to be able to help me on Saturday like he thought - because he made this deal to work community service - BUT would I mind him coming on Sunday?

And yesterday he showed up, put speakers in my car (all by himself and asked for EVERYTHING tools, wire, etc) and then put it all back. Told me thank you for the sandwhich I ordered from the Pizza place (splurging a bit of the 2 job cashola) and even though it came and wasn't right - he instead of blowing up and ranting - just picked the stuff off he didn't like and when I commented - he rubbed my arm and said "It's find Mom no biggie."

Dare I ask - WHO IS THIS KID ?

And today he calls me and instead of "Will you call my caseworker?" he asks - "Will you please get me my caseworkers number I need to call his boss." OMG - (sounds a little like his Mom huh?)_ wipes tear....

And I sat up most of the night thinking he was going to JAIL - or restitution camp because he has NO money - NONE - but found a walmart card and asked me to give him cash for it $15 - so he'd have something to take to probation - I said no, felt like a turd for not helping him out - I mean I could use a gift card anytime - but said no - on purpose. Laughing - I said "Do you need deoderant and shampoo, razors?" and he said laughing "Nope found a CVS gift card on the side of the road for $12 last week and used it for those things for myself." - then he said "I guess riding bike everywhere has an advantage.

So that's my good news.....

I so want to belong to the difficult child GONE easy child MOM'S CLUB - more than ANY other society ever!

trinityroyal

Wow Star!
Dude is totally blowing my socks off with his behaviour and attitude.

You don't know if it counts. You BET it counts.

Glad you had such a wonderful moment that you can wrap up in your heart to treasure.

Hugs for a happy mom,
Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks Trinity - (sends the prettiest Pom Poms I can find) lol

Yeah - I guess I'm so used to feeling THAT one minute -and then board jinx the next - I almost didn't share. lol.

So far nearly 5 here - NO phone call of disastrous information!

phew - whew

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Star, I TOLD YOU....this many people doing the nekkid chicken liver dance and the board jinx wouldn't DARE show its face so kick up your heels, gal and enjoy these good moments.

:xmasdancers: :xmasdancers:

Busywend, I'm so tickled for you, too! WOO WOOO about your difficult child participating in such NORMAL activities! :you_go_girl:

Suz

everywoman

Wow! It looks like finally a reprieve from the madness that had such a hold for so long for so many of us. I'm continuing my nakkid chicken liver dance of celebration. Who knows, it may invoke some sort of change in the economy!!!!

Andy

All your kids are doing GREAT! There are got to be more good news stories out there.

Everywoman - Let's do it!!! Go warrior moms go - if anyone can turn this country's economy around it will be us! YEAH!!! We know what it is like to dream big and see the good in someone/something that may be hidden so deep that we may be the only ones to see. But then we are looking at our kids with our hearts while others are using their eyes (don't know what they are missing). If our kids can heal, so can our economy.

I am holding my breath for awhile longer as my difficult child has entered PCdom. I need to make sure it is really true - that it will stay - that it is not just "remission".

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It has been wonderful reading the updates on this thread. I almost posted last week, but I was so afraid [of the jinx]. I'm going to give it a shot [thanks for the powers of protection], heh heh.

difficult child is doing well. She loves her phlebotomy classes and does her homework and is really really excited about it. I am thinking that she was ready for it finally and can now get the most from it. If we had forced her to go a year ago, I think she would have failed. And if we had waited till next Spring, I think it may have been too late - she would have felt defeated. Timing truly can mean everything. On the Monkeyboy front, he's gone. I was waiting to post about it because I thought there might be another reconciliation, but it's been over for a few weeks now and he apparently has moved away. And get this - she's not even hanging out with any of those kids anymore either. She's hanging with some local kids, one in particular - who is as straight as they come. He works two jobs and owns two small fixer upper cars, which is a hobby of his. He doesn't smoke cigarettes or pot and told difficult child if she is going to hang out with him, she can't smoke around him. So she stopped smoking...except for the occasional one after he drops her home. I think it's a budding romance, but of course, difficult child tries to deny it. Her awat message the other day was "difficult child is really kinda sorta enjoying the mellower side of life". She is still working but gave her notice and has two new jobs lined up starting next week. She smashed her car, but came home immediately and told H and me about it. She was truly devastated and immediately said she was sorry. H bought some new parts for it and will fix it this weekend with easy child's boyfriend. difficult child seems to be learning acceptance, which is a virtue I think very highly of.

Ciao~for now.