Board Ju Ju for our favorite Star and her 'Good Fight'

InsaneCdn

Here's your grounds for appeal:

1) You were discharged from your job with y our most recent bona fide employwer for violation of company policy. Policies violated were not unreasonable and you did have opportunity of knowledge of the company policyies. Failure to comply with company policies constitutes discharge for cause in connection with the work under south carolina code section 41-35-120(2) you are disqualified for UI.

2) The record shows violation of the wmpoloyers purchase policy. THE RECORD? You mean that statement I filled out that said - I knowingly violated the polciy and Im sorry but I didn't know I actually violated it the way it was written? They didn't write it up that way and had me sign it - and said I had to sign it. So I did. I asked for a copy - they said they didn't have to give me a copy. It was their property. basically, you signed under duress.

3) I also just came across my most recent review - and on the back it says - EMPLOYEE should STAY in current position for at least a YEAR before moving to an advanced position. OKAY so why keep asking me if I wanted to move to a job I wasn't ready for? AND WHY tell me youj'd support me with all the training and then DO NOT? Just don't even write me up or call the store manager - just skip right to LP and tell them to watch the cameras.

Hmmm... where's the legal eagles around here?

witzend

The record shows violation of the wmpoloyers purchase policy. THE RECORD? You mean that statement I filled out that said - I knowingly violated the polciy and Im sorry but I didn't know I actually violated it the way it was written? They didn't write it up that way and had me sign it - and said I had to sign it. So I did. I asked for a copy - they said they didn't have to give me a copy. It was their property.

File this under "closing the barn door after the donkey gets out".

When your employer asks (or tells) you to sign something that they will come up and bite you in the behind later, write on that document:

"Signed as receipt only"

Then sign your name. Legally, it means that you know what they have told you to sign, you do not agree with (or do not understand) what it says, and you have seen it.

FWIW, this is what labor unions are for, ladies. And this would never have happened if Star belonged to a labor union. Just sayin'.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Poor donkey......but thanks for future receipts. Signed as receipt only - good to know.

I don't know if i'm prepared per their needs. I have paperwork, copies, and a letter to the judge - I am going to go in, state my case, and do what I've always done. Be honest. If I win? It will be good. If I loose? It will be a lesson learned about my honing MY character. See I could look at this and in many ways do blame them for falling short of their contractul guidelines - because these people do not possess the character qualities they expect their employees to posses, and even state they possess in the front of their manual. In lacking those very qualites while firing me - it lets me know they didn't have what it took to lead me in becoming a quality manager anyway, and I'm lucky to not have been trained or led by people who don't stack up or stick up for their own employees. Disposable people. Thats' all I was. Not somewhere I think I should build a career. Never build your house on a less than firm foundation. Build it on a rock. In moving on - I will gain far more in another career than I would have there in the money I'm trying to get from them. If UI awards my back pay it will be a victory for sure for the honest doinkey. My prayers and paperwork are set. All I can do is present my case, and know I'm never alone - Thanks all for the help.

One things certain - if any of you ever have to go through this? I'll be able to offer insight - not advice but at least here's what happens. Experience.