Board JuJu For Oldest

M

Mamaof5

*sigh* when it rains it pours...

Second set of stitches for Big B. *grumbles* something COMPLETELY avoidable too.

He was farting around with his brothers when he should have been in bed and kicked a glass that he brought up stairs to get a drink of water with (he's not allowed to do this, bring dishes to his room) and it smashed against the leg of his bed (metal legs) and he sliced and diced his foot to the bone. It's the middle toe, down the side and at the base *shakes head*.

Novacain doesn't work for this kid either, last set of stitches he felt all 4 of them being put in. I got a good look at the cut and it looks to be at least a 20 to 30 stitch job minimum. Luckily, it's Sunday and it's usually quiet at our little dinky hospital from h-ll. Especially at this time of night.

What a way to end a Sunday night!! *sigh* (did I do the sigh already? Oh yeah I did didn't I) :stopglass: Calgon take me flecking away...now...please...

InsaneCdn

Mama - I know you're out in the backwoods where time stands still, but... really. Friday the 13th was TWO DAYS AGO.
I guess nobody told your boy?!

M

Mamaof5

Okay I over reacted to the cut, turns out (and thank you all for the board ju ju - IT WORKED!) 5 stitches, that was it FIVE!!! Oh and a good thing, the doctor who stitched him up took our whole family on as his patients. We finally have a GP after 2.5 yrs of looking for one!!! WOOOHOOOO!! WTH...2012 is like totally my year...new job, new outlook, now a new family doctor...uhm yeah...my lucky streak is turning into something I'm starting to look forward to...

He gets the stitches out on the 23 or 25. Then in May (new doctor is our of country until April or May) we'll have our first family appointment in almost 3 yrs! I can get my health issues addressed fully now!! WOOT!

Oh something good came out of it, at the very least. And he may not bring glasses up where he isn't suposed to......did you get your Calgon bath?

trinityroyal

So glad to hear that Oldest's cut was not as bad as you first thought. Sending good thoughts that it heals well and quickly.
AND wonderful news about finding a GP.

M

Mamaof5

Thanks all, I got my bath before it happened *lol*

He's home today, I'm not sure about tomorrow, depends on how well he can walk. I'll take a picture of it when I change his bandage again.