Board juju needed please

trinityroyal

Asking for prayers, bead rattling, good thoughts and major juju. I've just submitted an application for my dream-contract, and need major good thoughts that my bid is successful.

I've been without a contract since February. husband has been steering the HMCS Trinity Royal alone for most of the year, which kind of makes a nice change from the 3+ years when I was keeping the Trinity ship afloat by myself. In typing this, I've just realized that I hadn't said anything about it until now. I've had dribs and drabs of work, a few weeks hither and thither, but nothing major. With all the other crises that have taken place this year, mother in law and Auntie G dying, BFF's stroke, family meltdowns with husband's crazy sister, etc., it just seemed like such a minor issue to complain about.

Still, things have been very tight and I would love to get back to work as soon as possible. And this job is right up my alley. A combination of my two major areas of work, a company and a project team that I've worked with before, a long-term (more than 12 month) gig that would keep me off this roller coaster for a little while at least...

Fingers crossed and doing the nekkid chicken liver dance, even though it's DARN cold out.

Thanks all!

Trinity

DDD

I'm chiming in a little late but with GREAT enthusiasm....trying to do the chicken liver dance but, alas, I am not allowed to eat organ meat anymore SO I'm shaking my Cutty bottle. :bigsmile::bigsmile: DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
(((((((((((you WILL GET THE CONTRACT))))) ........runs over and shakes the Cutty bottle a little........

(((((((you will GETSSSSSSSS the contracts)))))......not quite runs but shakes the Cutty bottle a little harder.........

(((((YOU GO GIRL))))))........stumbles over to the bottle of Cutty, sits down in the grass tips the bottle up side down, drinks the rest of the N tire contents.....lays back on the grass, sees the contract of your dreams in the starts, says a big prayer......

Wakes up.......and VOILA.......DDD is mad as all get out at me, her Cutty is gone, and I have a hangover.......but DAT DA DAH DAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

YOU HAVE THE CONTRACT......and a nice bottle to stick a candle in to celebrate for a lovely dinner with husband......

trinityroyal

Thanks everyone. Now comes the pins-and-needles part. Waiting to find out whether they want to interview me.
I'm usually pretty good with interviews, but you never know. But the waiting around part makes me antsy.