Board Magic Needed Again for Nichole

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
**UPDATE**

Talked to Nichole.

She came very close to being transferred to Miami Valley hospital early this morning. They gave her the medications both orally and by IV and still those contractions refused to stop or even calm down. Finally with the IV dose.......cuz if that one hadn't worked she was outta there.........they began to calm and become less regular. She is still having them, just much weaker ones and too irregular to cause dilation. whew

Kidney pain is way up there though, and she said between the kidney pain, the very painful contractions, and the bladder spasms she was ready to go through the roof. Cuz they can't give her anything for the pain. At least now she has some relief from contractions. But she's still bleeding. And so far no stone. She is getting strong antibiotics via IV as well.

Nichole's OB is keeping her at least another day. It's too risky to send her home with the kidney issue this bad as odds are it will throw her right back into labor again.....and next time they probably won't be so lucky. She was extremely lucky that there was no further dilation last night....but her cervix is beginning to change. (let's hope that doesn't continue) Oliver seems to be taking it in stride thus far. He has a good case of the hiccups going on this morning. lol

I'm going to try to get up there this afternoon. Although sister in law wanted me to watch easy child for his for a while today and I'm not sure if he still does or not. Aubrey is going to her great grandparents house to sleep over and exit the drama.

She's not out of the woods yet, but is doing better.

Thanks so much.

Hugs

trinityroyal

Thanks for the update Lisa. Glad to hear that Nichole's contractions have settled down. Keeping Nichole, Oliver and all of you in my prayers.
Trinity

Marguerite

If it's any help Lisa, I found in my experience that allowing my bladder to fill more than half way also made the contractions really strengthen up. Keeping my bladder on the empty side was better. But she does still need to keep her fluids up, and if she has a drip up, she will be finding her bladder filling frequently. So she needs to keep a bedpan handy, and use it freely. Don't wait, don't fret about being a problem for the staff.

If she is permitted, it will be less physically strenuous to use the bedpan out of bed sitting on a chair, if they will let her. Walking to the toilet probably is not permitted right now.

I had about six months of this with difficult child 3, four months of it with easy child 2/difficult child 2, same with difficult child 1 (much stronger contractions - I was avoiding moving therefore avoiding the toilet unless busting - this is how I learned that more frequent visits is better, even though it requires more movement) and three months of it with easy child.

The other thing - if it's salbutamol they have her on, it will be sending her heart rate way up. She will feel shaky and maybe dizzy. I remember my resting heart rate was in the 90s and higher. With difficult child 3 I was on double dose and I was also badly anaemic. It really can knock you around. But as soon as you can stop the pills, it improves.

Marg