Bomb in Washington!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
husband was just on Facebook with a friend from his old job. She is working in Difficult Child today, consulting for a client.

She is right across the road from a building where a man has a bomb strapped on his body and is holding people hostage!!!

I don't have more details, but please pray, rattle beads, etc... for all the people put in such serious risk by this, including the rescue workers and police, etc...

susiestar

Roll With It
More news - it is in the discovery Channel building in Silver Springs, MD and CNN says one hostage on the little blurb on their home page.

husband says that his friend was working with TLC at the time. The people around her all got mini- baseball bats as a reward for soemthing a while back. A bunch of them grabbed these wooden bats at first, talking about going to 'get' the bomber - until they realized how ridiculous they were, and decided to evacuate the building!

Mom2oddson

Sending prayers and hoping no one gets hurts! How horrible! And I'm glad to hear that the friends decided to evacuate instead of playing hero. But I understand the sentiment behind it.

DammitJanet

It is just so bizarre to watch the kids being ushered from the building...some in playpens. I tried to call Jamie to see what he is hearing but he isnt answering. What is funny in a weird way is just two weeks ago he pulled a guy over in a parking lot for something and the guy liked the way he handled it. Come to find out, the guy works higher up with the Difficult Child Park Police and told Jamie to go apply with them and he would make well over two times what he makes now and he could still live where he lives now. This guy lives in the same county Jamie does. Thing is, if he did that job, he would be involved in all these type things. Much more dangerous. Sigh. No wonder they make more money.

klmno

He looks an awful lot like someone I know although this person has a different name. When I first saw the photo my jaw dropped though.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear. A problem child, for sure.

Here are some quotes: "Stop all shows glorifying human birthing on all your channels and on TLC," reads one of the demands on the site. "Stop Future Weapons shows or replace the dialogue condemning the people behind these developments so that the shows become exposes rather than advertisements of Arms sales and development!"

The website author calls humans "destructive" and "filthy" creatures who are wrecking the planet. The author ends the diatribe with these words: "These are the demands and sayings of Lee."

rejectedmom

he is dead all hostages are free and the building is being searched for explosives. Seems he was very troubled and had been arrested for illegal protesting outside the same building a few years back. -RM

klmno

Yeah, he definitely sounded like a fanatic and mental health case and those people are the most dangerous when they get caught up in a "cause" and aren't in any treatment. His thoughts about human life were very frightening. Where was he from or did he live in the Difficult Child area?

ETA: I hope my statement didn't come across like I think all people with MH issues who fight for a cause end up violent- I was referring to extreme fanaticals like Osama and this guy and a few others who have tried to attack innocent people.

Last edited: