*Bonded leather?---no, this is not a thread about sex*

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, I sat in this one at lunch today.

It was very comfy and I really did like it. 2 problems: (1) it's not leather, it's polyurethane, and (2) it's brown and I need black.

Until I get some positive feedback about polyurethane/bonded leather I'm going to steer clear of it. I already figured (like Star mentioned) that I'd call around on Saturday to see what I can find out about the fabric. I was pretty disappointed because it was a nice chair at a great price.

Suz

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Witz, I didn't understand Star's reference to "ottoman" either. I think she named herself Star because sometimes she's from another planet- :D .

I've sat in that chair and know it's definitely high end and comfy.

Suz

DammitJanet

LOL...yeah suz...I noticed that part too but since it was from Ashley I figured it must be pretty high end. Check out the Room Store too. They have some nice pieces. Oh...and if you havent thought of it...IKEA. If you werent going for the larger back, I saw the most comfortable leather recliner in this catelog that came to my house the other day. It was a zero gravety one that also has heat and massage for like 250. Oh my god I want it so bad. I think it came in black. LOL. I will find the www for it anyway...lol.

K

Kjs

I have been looking for a new leather sofa for a long time. I have done my homework.

Our current sofa is 15 years old. Leather "match" All parts that you touch is leather....Here are questions to ask because the sales people have absolutely no idea. The part between the cushions are "match" Not real leather. Our current sofa is all cracked and peeled between the cushions because that part is not leather. Sales people tell me it IS leather. Until I make them check.

Bonded leather I have been told is stronger than leather because the peices are bonded and pressed. THAT is what I was told. I want a leather sofa. The cushions on my sofa come off. AFter 15 years of on/off, sliding rubbing ... it is shot, cracked, peeled.

Maybe on a reclining sofa where many of the sofa cusions have a little space maybe the "match" won't rip.

As for Bonded leather, I have no experience with this, only what I have been told. By the same sales people that don't know the sides of cushions are not leather.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
The part between the cushions are "match" Not real leather. Our current sofa is all cracked and peeled between the cushions because that part is not leather. Sales people tell me it IS leather. Until I make them check.

That's exactly what happened with my seat cushions and they are less than 6 years old....actually started cracking the 2nd or 3rd year and by now really look lousy. The leather is fine, just not this part. It infuriates me and is why I'm leery of the bonded stuff.

Thanks,
Suz