boooohoooo

buddy

I loved our warm winter last year. I don't do well with cold and feel yucky. I know much of it is stress but YUCK ......it SNOWED today.

InsaneCdn

Honest. I did NOT ship any of ours, over to you.

6 inches of wet white stuff, on ground not quite frozen... and they tell us we'll see <below 0 F> by Friday night... (and then it warms up again)

SuZir

Oh, and here I'm hoping in different side of the world that it would snow tomorrow (they did promised so in telly, so it has to happen ;))

I love winter and hated last winter or especially the long, long, long dark fall that never ended. We even had a black Christmas and only few days after Christmas it got better and we had our snow. But also spring was early, so I fell very short of my cross country skiing kilometers. I'm hopping for the better winter this year.

The fall has again been very warm and rainy (and summer was cold and rainy), so today it finally got it's act together and we had a sunny day with highest temperature around 30 F. Now it is under 20 F and it seems that finally this depressing dark and wet fall will end and winter starts to get it's stuff together and plan coming also here bringing our light back with snow and ending this wet misery.

Californiablonde

I don't care for cold weather either. Here is So Cal it's going to be in the nineties for the next few days. I don't like snow, but I would appreciate it if some fall weather would kick in sometime soon. I like to experience the different seasons, and it just doesn't feel like autumn when it's ninety degrees outside.

LittleDudesMom

Sorry you didn't like the white stuff. Those that have been around the board for awhile know that I am a snow and cold lover! Unfortunately, I live in an area of the country where we don't see much... It's 84 here today....

Snow bunny hugs,
Sharon

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not much liking the so called *predictions* for this winter either. Cold and WET, as in lots of snow and ice. ugh

I don't mind snow much, but I HATE ice. I'm prepared. No darn ice storm is gonna phase me. But still I hope to heck we don't get one this year.

pasajes4

I live in the wrong place. I would gladly trade heat, humidity, and drougt for snow and rain.....in moderation.

InsaneCdn

P... wouldn't we ALL love to have "whatever" in moderation?
In a few months, I would love to ship out some mountains of snow and some really REALLY cold weather...

greenrene

This is why I love Florida. Once you make it through the summer nastiness, the rest of the year is gorgeous. My kids wear shorts to school year-round.

Wiped Out

Staff member
So glad we don't have any snow yet!!!! Thankfully they are predicting less than normal snow this year and I hope they are right! If I had my druthers I would choose snow from the day after Thanksgiving til January 1st and then quickly move into summer. Too bad it doesn't work that way:)

T

TeDo

Buddy, I woke up to it this morning!! I'm with you, YUCK! Glad it finally stopped here about the time it got to you. I got SOME leaves taken care of, although they were VERY wet. The wind didn't let up and we hit a high of 35. Pasajes, we had the drought too. That's part of the sadness here. This wet stuff (2 days rain, 1 day snow) is too little to late. I AM glad we don't have the heat (except usually a few days in July) and the humidity (2-3 days here and there in July) any more than we do. IC, didn't your mama ever teach you to keep your (snow) to yourself?!? LOL I can only handle sharing so much and that ain't one of them. LOL

DammitJanet

Im with Sharon...we cherish our snow down here. When we get it, we get just as much as most northern cities and it closes us down badly because we arent prepared for it. I remember one year we got 30 inches at one time. That was a lot! We get teased a lot about shutting down at the mere thought of snow but we have to. It appears when we do get it we get at least 6 to 8 inches or more and that seems to be a lot even for you guys up north who have good road services. We just have dump trucks with a couple of scrapers on the front and a whole lot of roads to get to.

witzend

Snow?!?! That's early even for you, isn't it? It's a beautiful autumn day here with hazy sunshine and falling golden leaves. It's about 75 degrees and the door is open for a fresh breeze. It's supposed to rain this weekend (of course), but then it's going to be cooler but still dry. I'm liking the weather here now that it's not 98 degrees with 80% humidity!

witzend

Janet, the other thing about snow down here (and up in Portland) that makes us shut down is that we just don't have the plows to keep the streets clear. Plus it's wet and doesn't blow away like that dry fluffy stuff up North.