Boot Camp???

Sue C

I got an email yesterday from an old friend of mine who lives in Texas. I hadn't heard from her in awhile. She said she has been going to "Boot Camp" every Saturday morning from 5:45 am - 6:45 am. They run 2-3 three-quarter mile runs. She did not say if they do anything else or if she's done other exercise during the week. She did not say if she went on a diet or changed her eating habits. What she did say was.......she lost 50 lbs and 30"!!

I emailed back to ask what Boot Camp is, and I'm waiting to hear. Has anyone heard of it? I'm curious as to what it is.

I will let you know if she writes back to explain.

Thanks,
Sue

LittleDudesMom

Our "exfearless leader" Fran did this for awhile. It was really early mornings and intense workouts. As she mentioned on another post, she is out of town right now, otherwise I'm sure she would fill you in!

Sharon

Sue C

OK, I heard back from my friend. She said:

"Boot camp is basically what it sounds like. It's an hour of workout--anything from running, cardio, push ups, situps, squats, etc. It's sort of like doing an exercise video for an hour but having the instructor in front of you." Then she added: "It's a trained personal trainer who runs it. It's is own company. There are several different Boot Camps around here that are run by different people."

She also said: "I did change my eating habits. He gave us a Boot Camp diet that I follow every once in a while but I just generally count calories and try to stay at 1200 calories per day. I also drink lots of water which is important to losing weight. I drink 120 to 140 oz. per day."

WOWZERS----that's a lot of water!!

sue

Wiped Out

Staff member
I remember now Fran talking about boot camp. At the time I thought it was a name she gave it herself:laughing:

Sue-That is a lot of water.:holymoly: And I thought I did well with my 64 ozs.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I did a boot camp. It was intense and I wouldn't suggest it for those of us of a certain age who hadn't been working out for a while.
I was in really good shape at the time and I was definitely at the bottom of the class with times to complete the work outs. I wasn't last but I sure wasn't first.
I was very proud of the fact that I completed it and was one of the oldest in the group. (month before turning 50).
If you are younger and wanting to get in shape quickly it's a great way to go.
I think it was 5:30AM to 6:30AM. I was home and showered by 7AM.